TheOriginalBob
laryn

This House believes child stories should normalize the challenges of life rather than happy endings

laryn has forfeited round #2.

TheOriginalBob

Pro

Good day to the House at large. I will be arguing for the Prop side of this debate, which says that childhood stories should normalize the challenges of life rather than the concept of happy endings.

The debate will progress as follows:
When an Opposing Party accepts my debate, they will notify me in this first round. After which we shall commence in the second and third rounds with our arguments and our rebuttal.

I look forward to debating whoever accepts this challenge.
laryn

Con

The res never clarified what I believe they were trying to say, "childhood". Because of this, any of my opps arguments about "childhood" stories are not valid.

There is simply no possible way of telling every single child in the world who writes a story that their stories can not have a happy ending. Thus, if a child has not gone through the challenges of life and decides they would like to write a story with a happy ending it's downright immoral to crush their dreams and tell them that they have to write it in a different way.

Vote con.
TheOriginalBob

Pro

It seems you have not read the instructions I gave for the debate, but allow me to clarify:

I said that we will commence with arguments and rebuttal in the second and third rounds, but since you have failed to follow this and have rebutted me right off the bat especially when I haven't even given any arguments at all, I have no choice but to call this debate forfeit.

Good day.