poyin
DeUcEs

This House believes that listed buildings should be maintained

poyin

Pro

They should be maintained because of historical values. It is part of the country's culture. (I am currently working on this topic and wanted some ideas from the public, thanks for helping)
DeUcEs

Con

Hello, Good luck during this debate.
I am not very clear of the topic, if you could post a more specific in depth explanation of what you are looking for that would be great. Thank you.
poyin

Pro

Thanks for responding, actually I am not a debater so I am not too familiar with the game. I just want to have some ideas and thought from the public about this issue.

Listed buildings are building which have high historical and architectural value, such as the Palace of Westminster in London which is a famous tourist point. It also is an important building for the two houses for UK government.
They should be maintained well and be protected to ensure that they can act as a symbol of English heritage.
DeUcEs

Con

I feel as though protecting them as a symbol of english heritage is nice and everything, however, if it is costing the government money that we don't have or it becomes a public health risk that they should be condemned.
poyin

Pro

Buildings will be carefully assessed and checked before they become listed. Not all old buildings can be listed buildings, only the ones with special interest and importance will be considered. The government will control the amount spent on maintaining them, but after good maintenance, they can be opened to the public and earn back the amount from entrance fees and donations.
DeUcEs

Con

I have no argument for this. I agree with what you have to say here. My business is done.
poyin

Pro

Thank you very much for participating and responding so quickly.
DeUcEs

Con

Your welcome man, take it easy.
poyin

Pro

poyin forfeited this round.
DeUcEs

Con

DeUcEs forfeited this round.
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
You have not listed any buildings in your case.
Posted by poyin 6 years ago
poyin
It means that should we maintain the buildings which are listed (wiki: A listed building in the United Kingdom is a building that has been placed on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. It is a widely used status, applied to around half a million buildings.
A listed building may not be demolished, extended or altered without special permission from the local planning authority (who typically consult the relevant central government agency, particularly for significant alterations to the more notable listed buildings). Exemption from secular listed building control is provided for some buildings in current use for worship, but only in cases where the relevant religious organisation operates its own equivalent permissions procedure.)

Should me maintain them or let it be in it's state as usual?
Posted by Mcoolshi 6 years ago
Mcoolshi
oops I meant could'nt and not coulkd'nt
Posted by Mcoolshi 6 years ago
Mcoolshi
I coulkd'nt understand your topic....
Posted by Puck 6 years ago
Puck
@ Cody

'Listed' houses are deemed valuable due to heritage status i.e., they are old. :P Might be more of a Commonwealth thing.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 6 years ago
Cody_Franklin
... What?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
poyinDeUcEsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.