alecs5395
larztheloser

This House would lower the voting age to 16 in Romania.

larztheloser

alecs5395

Pro

Citizens - have the right to vote at 18 years of age by election day. No voting mentally deficient or alienated, laid under interdiction, and no person convicted by final judgment, the election disqualifications

Romania - is a national, sovereign and independent, unitary and indivisible.Form of government of the Romanian State is a Republic. Romania is the rule of law, democratic and social, in which human dignity, rights and freedoms, free development of human personality, justice and political pluralism represent supreme values​​, in the spirit of the Romanian people's democratic traditions and ideals of the Revolution of 1989 , and are guaranteed. The State is organized according to the separation and balance of powers - legislative, executive and judicial - in the framework of constitutional democracy.In Romania, the Constitution, its supremacy and the laws is mandatory.
Citizenship - Romanian citizenship can be acquired, retained or lost as provided by the organic law.Romanian citizenship can be withdrawn if acquired by birth.

At the present in Romania for General, local and European elections, as well as referenda, you must be 18 to vote. I`m prepare myself for an debate competition where I have this is one of the motions so iwant to see how well prepared I am. Good luck for my oponent
RulesRound 1 is for acceptance and clarifications and/or statements of purpose. If there are any more issues that need to be worked out please post them in the comments.Rounds 2-4 are for argumentation.
larztheloser

Con

I'd like to thank my opponent for instigating this rather unusual debate - I really need a break from discussing American politics, which seems to be all-too prevalent on this site! As you may have guessed I accept my opponent's challenge. I have no further clarifications to offer, except to note that pro assumes complete burden of proof. My purpose is to show that Romania's democracy isn't broken, doesn't need fixing, and even if it did, 16-year-olds aren't going to fix it. Since that is all this round is for, I wish my opponent the best of luck, ask him to excuse me if I get something wrong about Romainia (I do live on the other side of the world - but my country are asking themselves the exact same question and I believe Romania and New Zealand are comparable in this respect), and look forward to what I'm sure will be an exciting yet eye-opening debate!
alecs5395

Pro

alecs5395 forfeited this round.
larztheloser

Con

This is the sixth debate that has been forfeited to me in a row. Honestly, am I that good? I haven't even made my argument yet!

Vote con guys. Pro has failed their burden of proof.
alecs5395

Pro

alecs5395 forfeited this round.
alecs5395

Pro

alecs5395 forfeited this round.
larztheloser

Con

So, yeah ... pro fails BOP, so VOTE CON!
Posted by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
Try making the debate non-geographically specific, because you'll have a problem otherwise. The geographic issue is not of too much importance, anyway.
Posted by popculturepooka 5 years ago
popculturepooka
I have absolutely no knowledge on this topic; it'd be better if you chose someone else to debate or made it an open challenge. I'd be no kind of challenge here....
Vote Placed by larztheloser 5 years ago
larztheloser
alecs5395larztheloserTied
Reasons for voting decision: I hated ties in debates.