NickLawrence
DoctorDeku

This Post Will Get 500 views

DoctorDeku

NickLawrence

Pro

This post will get 500 views.
DoctorDeku

Con

I thank my opponent for instigating this debate.

I will be arguing against the statement that "This post will get 500 views". If at the end of this debate, this post does not have exactly 500 views then the vote should go the Con, if it does than the vote should go to the Pro. This is because Pro does not state that this debate will receive 'at least' 500 views, instead he asserts that this post will receive 500 views. This must be absolute as a positive estimate of the number of views this post will recieve.

Therefore if this debate has a view could of 0-499, or 501+ then the Con will have fulfilled their burden of proof, this post will not have had 500 views.

As it stands this post has (16) views as of my posting this round. Therefore Con is currently winning.
Vote Con!
NickLawrence

Pro

NickLawrence forfeited this round.
DoctorDeku

Con

a. My opponent forfeited.

b. This debate currenty has 209 views as of my posting this round.
NickLawrence

Pro

It will get there!
DoctorDeku

Con

This debate's view count currently exceeds 500; my opponent has lost and the vote should go to the Con.
NickLawrence

Pro

However, the title says "This Post Will Get 500 views" and it did. I didn't say it had to stay at 500 nor did I say it would go over either. It got 500. VOTES SHOULD GO TO PRO!
DoctorDeku

Con

I have a number of arguments working in my favor as to why the vote in this debate should go to the Con.

First; in my opening round, I offered a framework to explain the burdens of both the Pro and the Con in this debate since my opponent had not done so. In that framework I stated that the resolution should be interpreted as an absolute estimate for the number of views this debate would receive.

Pro never posits that this debate will get at least 500 views, or that this debate would at some point in time have 500 views until his previous round. No, instead he claims that this debate would get 500 views. Therefore at the point this debate does not have 500 views, but has even one more view more than that, my opponent has failed to fulfill his burden.

This must be accepted as my opponent never refuted this framework; he forfeited the second round so this framework was extended uncontested. During the third round he still fails to respond to this framework, even given a perfectly reasonable opportunity to do so. And even during this round, the second to last round in the debate, he does not refute this framework.

Second; Pro has never provided us a reason to believe that this debate actually received 500 views. There is no documentation to suggest that Pro did not just simply click the refresh button in his browser until the count said '500'. I for one can attest to the fact that I personally continually refreshed the browser after accepting so that the view count would reach 200.

For all we know only my opponent and I have even seen this debate. In which case this post has gotten 2 views, not 500.

Third; Statistics! In statistics there are four different ways to classify a measurement; Nominal, Ordinal, Interval and Ratio. Views on something such as a this post, or a youtube video or even ratings from a television show are classified into the Ordinal category[1]. The numbers have a set order and a set meaning to that order, but there is not value assigned to those numbers or that order. The numbers cannot be added or subtracted, and thus once the view count changes from 500 to 501, there are no longer 500 views but 501 views.
[1] http://www.dissertation-statistics.com...

In conclusion, for the aforementioned reasons my opponent has failed to meet their burden of proof, as this debate does not have 500 views, my opponent has not proven that this debate has 500 views and views are an ordinal measurement meaning that only the final count is relevant.
NickLawrence

Pro

This post did get 500 views... BAM. There you go.
DoctorDeku

Con

My opponent dropped all of my arguments, and failed to meet his burden of proof. This debate does not have 500 views, it has (as of now) 534.

Pro has failed to meet his BoP, vote Con!
Vote Placed by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
NickLawrenceDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: 557 views not 500
Vote Placed by Heineken 4 years ago
Heineken
NickLawrenceDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: A combination of a forfeiture, dropped arguments and poor attention to detail made this a clear victory for Con.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
NickLawrenceDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: 500 =/= 500+. If that was the resolution pro wanted, that's the one he should have made. Conduct for dropped arguments/ff
Vote Placed by darkkermit 4 years ago
darkkermit
NickLawrenceDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: debate has been viewed more then 500 times, so vote for CON. Also conduct for forfeit.
Vote Placed by Chicken 4 years ago
Chicken
NickLawrenceDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pretty straightforward. View count is at 538. Con wins if the view count is not at exactly 500.