1dustpelt
martianshark

This debate will get viewed 1000 times before the voting period

1dustpelt

1dustpelt

Pro

Copying 16k here. No semantics. In order for me to win, this debate must have 1000 or more views before the voting period.
martianshark

Con

I accept. I assume the first round is for acceptance.
1dustpelt

Pro

I didn't think anyone would actually accept, but there is already 1,037 views. Vote PRO.
martianshark

Con

Arrrgh!!! I didn't look at the views before I accepted. Still, I'm going to have to try to prove my point.

If you think about it, the amount of views is most likely rigged. Some sites claim they have more views than they actually do. It isn't any less likely here. The real amount of views is probably about 500.

Also, there's a very good chance that you created this article and then refreshed the page 1000 times just so it would look like you won. Since almost all of the views were by you, it shouldn't count.

You also didn't specify if you were looking for all views or unique views only. I'm going to assume you meant 1000 unique views. Therefore, you are losing. I doubt this page has more than 20 unique views.

Lastly, I'm Chuck Norris, so I'm always right. If you say otherwise, you know what will happen to you.
1dustpelt

Pro

Rebuttals
"If you think about it, the amount of views is most likely rigged. Some sites claim they have more views than they actually do. It isn't any less likely here. The real amount of views is probably about 500."
Sources? No proof.

"Also, there's a very good chance that you created this article and then refreshed the page 1000 times just so it would look like you won. Since almost all of the views were by you, it shouldn't count."
I did not. It was SarcasticIndeed. Read comments. Besides, even if I did, it still got 100 views.

"You also didn't specify if you were looking for all views or unique views only. I'm going to assume you meant 1000 unique views. Therefore, you are losing. I doubt this page has more than 20 unique views."
No semantics. I will refute this anyways. Each view was probably at a UNIQUE time.

"Lastly, I'm Chuck Norris, so I'm always right. If you say otherwise, you know what will happen to you."
Your profile picture is a ninja. Chuck Norris hates ninjas. You don't want to know what will happen now that Chuck Norris knows he has an imposter.
martianshark

Con

1. Why can't you do this yourself? http://lmgtfy.com...
The first results talk about Youtube having more ratings than views. You've probably heard about this. Anyway, so many people claiming that Youtube is messed up clearly proves that Youtube is messed up. You have no proof that DDO isn't messed up as well.

2. 100 views? That's not 1000.

3. But this page does not have more than 1000 views by different people.

4. I chose a ninja avatar because it represented martial arts more closely than the other avatars. I'll spare you this time. Don't try to prove I'm not Chuck Norris again.
1dustpelt

Pro

1. Did you even read the post? It says it updates in a few hours.
2. It is a typo. It still has 1000 views.
3.
1. You do not have proof.
2. So?

4. Chuck Norris still hates ninjas for trying to kill him. He would never use a ninja avatar.
martianshark

Con

1. DDO's bug isn't necessarily the same as Youtube's bug. Perhaps DDO adds three views every time one person views it. You never know.

2. You're probably losing points for your careless typos. Anyway, if SarcaticIndeed did it, that's still cheating.

1. We already discussed issue #1. And I do have proof. http://lmgtfy.com...

2. We already discussed issue #2. I suspect that this is a typo, along with the above. Once again, your typos will make you lose points.

4. Don't tell me what I do and don't like. Look at my name. It says Chuck Norris.
1dustpelt

Pro

1. It does not. I have proof too. Refresh the page, and look. It only adds one.
2. It is just ONE error! Stop complaining! It's not like you haven't made a mistake before. Look at R1, YOU were the one that made there error of not looking at the views. Besides, even if I had mean't 100, it does not matter because this has more than 1000 anyway. If SarcasticIndeed did it, how is it cheating? Even if I did it, it wouldn't be cheating. The resolution never says anything against someone refreshing it. Point is, it has more than 1000 views.
3.
1. You do not have proof. A Youtube error has nothing to do with DDO views. How do you even know there is an error? You do not prove that DDO has an error. I have proved it does not because refresh the page, and look. It only adds one. Besides, the Youtube is UPDATING problems, so the Youtube has MORE views than it shows, which is kind of proving my point.
2. This is not a typo. Again, stop assuming everything is a typo just because I had one typo. Again, the resolution does not say that there must be 1000 views from 1000 different people.
4. You are not Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris hates ninjas. Chuck Norris is not an idiot who assumes everything is a typo because of one tiny error that would not even affect the outcome even if I did mean it.

My opponent claims that:
1. Everything I type is a typo because of one typo- I trust the audience to see that this is not true.
2. I refreshed it 1000 times- I did not.
3. There has to be 1000 different people to refresh the page- That was never included.

Vote Pro because.
1. There are over 1000 views.
2. Just because there is one typo, Con is latching on to it for the entire debate even if it does not matter at all. Besides Con made a mistake in R1 too.
3. Con is a Chuck Norris imposter! Chuck Norris hates ninjas. Chuck Norris is not an idiot who assumes everything is a typo because of one tiny error that would not even affect the outcome even if I did mean it.
martianshark

Con

1. Still, maybe it adds three views for everyone besides you, me, and anyone who testifies that it only adds one.

2. In R1, I did make the mistake of accepting. However, I didn't make a typo in that mistake. As far as I know, I haven't made a single typo for the entire debate. You have made at least three. It's cheating because the 1,000 views should occur naturally.

3. No comment?

1. First of all, there's another typo. Second, you don't have proof that there isn't an error. Thus, you don't have significant proof that there is 1000 views other than what the page says.

2. Kind of ironic that you claim that this isn't a typo, and you make the exact same typo again. We already discussed issue #2.

4. You have provided no basis for legitimately saying that I hate ninjas, or that I am not Chuck Norris. Furthermore, it says right on my profile that I'm Chuck Norris. This is the last straw. I'm coming for you.

Pro seems to have dropped the issue of unique views, which is an important one. Pro never specified whether the views should be unique, so there's no reason I can't base my arguments on unique views. If the views need to be unique, I have won.

Another very important factor I forgot to include is that the title says "This debate will get viewed 1000 times before the voting period." Keyword: debate. Before we started arguing, this wasn't a debate. It was a challenge. In the time between the start of the debate and the voting period, this debate has not gained 1000 views.

My Conclusion:
I win.

My opponent claims that:
1. He wins just because the page says there's 1000 views. Really, it's possible that there isn't 1000 views, especially considering I'm Chuck Norris. Plus, it hasn't gained 1000 since I accepted the debate.

2. He wins even if someone cheated by refreshing 1000 times. Even if this wasn't cheating, it hasn't been refreshed 1000 times before the voting period.

3. It's impossible for DDO to have a view bug. It really is entirely possible, and he can't prove otherwise. The following video explains more on this subject: http://www.youtuberepeat.com...

4. Chuck Norris makes mistakes. Saying that is a BIG mistake.

5. His tone suggests that this is a serious debate. It isn't.

Vote con because:

-of my arguments.
-my trolling was way more awesome than his.
-I'm Chuck Norris and he failed to prove otherwise.
-I'm really just a poor kid that accidentally clicked on a debate I shouldn't have. Give me a break.
Posted by martianshark 4 years ago
martianshark
That proves the view thing is rigged then. :P
Posted by SarcasticIndeed 4 years ago
SarcasticIndeed
Lolno. First, I'm a he. Second, I only refreshed it five times to see if it would always work.
Posted by XimenBao 4 years ago
XimenBao
There was a BoP issue that didn't get made. I'd have like to see Con claim that voters can't tell how many views existed before the voting period instead of acknowledging it.
Posted by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
Can't believe someone actually accepted.
Posted by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
I would have removed this entire debate if this guy hadn't accepted.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 4 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Do you mind removing the part where it says, "No semantics"?
Posted by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
SarcasticIndeed will be shot.
Posted by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
SarcasticIndeed refreshed this because it had 45 views, then suddenly 1000 after she commented.
Posted by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
Already!!!!!?!?!?!?!
Posted by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
wtf!?!?!?!?!
Vote Placed by renji_abarai 4 years ago
renji_abarai
1dustpeltmartiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: It was over 1,000 before the voting period
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 4 years ago
PeacefulChaos
1dustpeltmartiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter
Vote Placed by miketheman1200 4 years ago
miketheman1200
1dustpeltmartiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: E for effort mate.
Vote Placed by Multi_Pyrocytophage 4 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
1dustpeltmartiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: 1,000 views.
Vote Placed by XimenBao 4 years ago
XimenBao
1dustpeltmartiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: 1,000 views it was.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
1dustpeltmartiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Slandering of Chuck Norris is frowned upon
Vote Placed by phantom 4 years ago
phantom
1dustpeltmartiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Cons arguments didn't stand a chance. 1,000 non-unique views is still 1,000 views, and him asserting "You have no proof that DDO isn't messed up as well", is completely flawed, as con would be the one needing to affirm that ddo does not count the views correctly. On top of that it only amounted to a wild speculation.