DebateGirl221
FightMeBro

This house believes that the Harry Potter books are way better than the films.

DebateGirl221

DebateGirl221

Pro

I know this may seem like a silly topic, because no-one probably cares which is better, but I think it might be fun to debate it anyway.
I am DebateGirl221, and I strongly believe that the Harry Potter books are much better than the film versions. If anyone disagrees, or would just like a fun, easy debate, then please accept.
FightMeBro

Con

Every person is unique in their own way, which means when they read, their imagination concocts a different picture in their minds. But by watching the films, you get to experience the series exactly how the director intended. So all-in-all every book adapted film is better in the sense that some will not get to see just how magical the series really are.
DebateGirl221

Pro

First of all, thank you to my opponent for accepting this debate.

Second, I think that younger kids may well be influenced more by films rather than books. The average child spends 55 hours a week watching television, and they spend 35-40 hours at school. This means that they spend most of their free time either doing homework, watching television, or any other activities.

I understand that some children read more than others, but I know plenty of people at the age of 13/14 who barely read any books in their free time. For me, this is an issue, because books help children's imaginations to grow, which can help them later on in life. For example, in high school, or in some cases the end of primary school, English lessons involve creative writing, which assess them on their ideas, as well as their spelling and grammar. If they struggle to come up with something creative, then their grades my strain as well.

That is why I prefer the Harry Potter books. Yes, I love the films, but they don't feed my imagination as much as the books do.

http://www.thedailygreen.com...

*This is the link to the webpage from which I got my facts and figures from.
FightMeBro

Con

FightMeBro forfeited this round.
DebateGirl221

Pro

I am afraid that because my opponent has failed to post an argument, I am unable to rebuttal his views. I apologize for an inconvenience.
FightMeBro

Con

FightMeBro forfeited this round.
Posted by JustinAMoffatt 3 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
Anytime ;) we'd just have to agree on a res. Haha. :) And I don't want to cause you to tackle too many at once :)
Posted by DebateGirl221 3 years ago
DebateGirl221
Well, good luck with looking. If you ever want to have a fun, laid-back debate, let me know :)
Posted by JustinAMoffatt 3 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
By luck do you mean winning? Surprisingly, I seem to be! :)
If you mean finding people or topics I wanna debate... Less lucky :P
I was in a tournament, but it looks like it might not happen. So I'm looking again ;)
Posted by DebateGirl221 3 years ago
DebateGirl221
Hey thx! having any luck with your debates?
Posted by JustinAMoffatt 3 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
Hey! Look at you! :D Good job finding something you wanted to debate.

As someone who isn't really familiar, I can't take this one XP but it's all very well laid out and it seems fun. :)

Good luck!
Vote Placed by JustinAMoffatt 3 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
DebateGirl221FightMeBroTied