Jacobschaps
cha-the-politician

This house believes that the media is biassed against Israel

Jacobschaps

Pro

The motion today is that the media is biassed against Israel. This means that the media displays unfairness when reporting on the current Israel-Palestine occurrences. This house proposes the motion. Firstly, many powerful and prominent countries are often seen killing thousands of innocent people in bombings and vicious attacks from drones. The civilian death toll in Afghanistan is shocking and truly abhorrent, and there are occurrences all the time when countries bomb civilian areas in many of these middle-eastern countries, and these happenings go unnoticed by the media. Yet, when an Israeli soldier shoots a Palestinian who was trying to attack someone with a knife, the whole media blows up in shame and disgust. What's the difference? Israel is a Jewish state.
Many news sites such as the BBC are often reporting headlines immediately from a Palestinian point of view. Only recently, there has been a shocking amount of terrorist attacks in Israel, caused by radical Palestinian terrorists. The situation has got so violent that many Palestinians are calling for the "Third Intifada". After around 200 terror attacks against Israel in a period of only 10 days, after dozens of Israelis were murdered or injured, the BBC only decided to pick up on the situation when Israel finally responds and performs an air strike against a known terrorist position in Gaza. The BBC write "Palestinians die in Israel Gaza strike". This is clear bias.
And so I beg you to propose the motion.
cha-the-politician

Con

First, however, I would like to state that I do not have a strong opinion or correlation with this topic, and apologize if my points my come off as insensitive.

However, I believe that the US mainstream media is actually biassed the other way, and not against Israel. Thank you.
Jacobschaps

Pro

Jacobschaps forfeited this round.
cha-the-politician

Con

cha-the-politician forfeited this round.
Jacobschaps

Pro

Jacobschaps forfeited this round.
cha-the-politician

Con