Dynamite
Dan4reason

This house supports positive evaluation by students for teachers' promotion in public universities.

Dynamite

Con

This House supports positive evaluation by students' for teachers promotion in public universities. I d not agree with this house criteria for promotion of teachers because students normally are not that much in a position to evaluate teachers performance. Because of being in learning stage, their evaluative power with respect to teacher's performance is not that much strong. Most of the time they evaluate teachers on the basis of their behaviour instead of their intellect. I think the best way to promote teachers in universities is by looking at how many research articles he comes up with in his subject. Besides, one criteria can be like that how many students of him come up with research thesis.
Dan4reason

Pro

In my university I work to ensure that students receive quality instruction. I believe that reviews from students should be a very major factor in whether an instructor should be promoted.

Universities are great places for research and discovery and both must be important parts of the lives of faculty at university. However, educating our nation, bringing people out of poverty through education, and providing the people with the skills to build our nation and remain competitive in the world is by far the most important task for universities.

If a teacher is being recommended for promotion, it is important that the instructor's research track record should be good to make sure she is a serious member of the academic community and can lead in this community. However, since this person will be managing other instructors it makes sense that an instructor should be a good teacher so he knows how to improve education on campus and is serious about educating students.

While students may not be expert in subject matter being taught, they know very well whether this information is being taught well or not. If an instructor does not provide examples in class, teaches in a confusing way, or is just disorganized, students can figure that out pretty quick without being experts in any academic discipline. That is my position on the issue.
Dynamite

Con

Dynamite forfeited this round.
Dan4reason

Pro

My opponent didn't post a rebuttal, I will not be participating in this debate any more. I urge you to vote Con.
Dynamite

Con

Dynamite forfeited this round.
Dan4reason

Pro

Dan4reason forfeited this round.