Vignesh
adgeofgalaxy

This house would ban cosmetic surgery

Vignesh

Pro

I will begin the debate by defining the motion, which is: "That we should ban cosmetic surgery,"
I define "we," in a global context, as is relating to every single democratic nation in the world that can be assured of diplomatic aid by their worldly counterparts. I define ban as the removal of all practices of this discipline, unless specified explicitly by a governing body. I define "cosmetic surgery" as plastic surgery that modifies a person"s appearance.
I will now move on to presenting a model for my case:
I move that cosmetic surgery should be banned in all areas and practices except for those in which it is medically acceptable and beneficial to a patient, in order to fix or repair the damage that had been inflicted on the patient through any means of injury, examples being car accidents and facial burns.
I will now show that cosmetic surgery promotes negative role models and thus adversely affects fans of common public figures and role models, who are commonly in the public spotlight. As a survey collected about Hollywood actors and actresses shows, over 40% of actors and actresses have had some form of cosmetic surgery, during their first 10 years of acting. This same group represents over young actors and actresses serve as role models for over 60% of teenagers. This sends out a message that cosmetic surgery is the path to achieving an ideal of physical beauty. It makes them insecure and conveys an idea that our natural bodies, as determined by pro-creation, are not beautiful enough on their own, and must be artificially supplemented in order to attain physical attraction.
In a world where publicity runs rampant more than it ever has before, we must be cautious about the message that celebrities send out to their adoring fans. We must be cautious about the limits to which we encourage artificial supplementation of what should be determined in a natural manner, and we must be most cautious, about how much celebrities are able to modify themselves in order to suit the public ideals, for in truth, it should be these celebrities who should modify the public ideals in order to suit themselves.

I hereby conclude my affirmative speech for the first round, and invite the negative speaker to present his case"
adgeofgalaxy

Con

adgeofgalaxy forfeited this round.
Vignesh

Pro

Vignesh forfeited this round.
adgeofgalaxy

Con

adgeofgalaxy forfeited this round.
Vignesh

Pro

Vignesh forfeited this round.
adgeofgalaxy

Con

adgeofgalaxy forfeited this round.