enchantedpanini
Alycat

This house would enforce a complete ban upon alcohol

enchantedpanini

enchantedpanini

Con

First round is for acceptance only. :)
Alycat

Pro

Ok I accept. :D
enchantedpanini

Con

Banning alcohol completely is a preposterous idea. This world has previously attempted to totally prohibit alcohol, and these scenarios have not ended well. I would like to begin by presenting you with two significant substantives which clearly prove that the moot should fall:

Alcohol as a poison:
I predict that my opponent will attempt to portray alcohol as a "poison." One of the most common dilemmas causing people to wish for a ban on alcohol is that they view it as a substance that causes great destruction. My position in the debate is not to deny that people can act inappropriately while drinking alcohol. I must, however, prove that it is not the alcohol that is the poison, but the way it is used. Alcohol can be beneficial to the human system, a glass of red wine every night is actually recommended by medical professionals to help with the prevention of heart disease. It only becomes unpleasant when it is taken excessively. This is the same with several other foods and drinks: milk is beneficial to the human body, however drinking it in excessive amounts can be harmful. We do not ban milk; why should we ban alcohol?

Freedom of Choice:
A lot of freedom of choice would be removed from society if alcohol was to be banned entirely. Responsible drinkers would lose their rights simply because others are misusing their alcohol-related rights. This is completely unfair. There are several irresponsible drivers on the road, but cars have not been banned for this reason. Banning alcohol would violate the freedom of responsible drinkers, therefore the moot should fall: alcohol should not be completely banned.
Alycat

Pro

Alycat forfeited this round.
enchantedpanini

Con

I will post my next argument after my opponent presents her case. :)
Alycat

Pro

Alycat forfeited this round.
enchantedpanini

Con

enchantedpanini forfeited this round.
Alycat

Pro

Oh my gosh! I am so so so sorry! I wasn`t online for ages but we have to redo this debate again sometime! Once again Im sorry for wasting your time!
Posted by enchantedpanini 3 years ago
enchantedpanini
To Alycat - that's quite alright, I forgot about it for a while too. :)
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
enchantedpaniniAlycatTied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO ff more than CON.