AlexandraD
fire_wings

This house would legalize multi-partner marriage with any gender

AlexandraD has forfeited round #2.

AlexandraD

Pro

Well, basically all this argument is based on the ideal of polyamory and we can define it as the multi partner and gender marriage
Polygamy (a man with more than one wife), polyandry (a women with more than one husband), and polyamory (multiple men and women all married to each other) tumble out as naturally as same-sex marriage.
"Love has no gender. Some hearts contain a male and a female, some two females or two males. We expected as much. What we probably didn"t expect is that some of the hearts have threesomes: a male with two females, a female with two males.
Polyamory is a fact. People are living in group relationships today. The question is not whether they will continue on in those relationships. The question is whether we will grant to them the same basic recognition we grant to other adults: that love makes marriage, and that the right to marry is exactly that, a right.
Love not only knows no gender, it apparently knows no number.
Marriage was based on love, which was why gay and lesbian people wanted the same rights.
"Marriage is the institution of two people who love each other committing themselves to a shared life together
If people were intellectually honest they would see the arguments for legalizing gay or lesbian marriage could apply directly to those in other alternative relationships
"If it's about love and commitment and respect, don't they have that? They would say they do
fire_wings

Con

I accept the debate. I see that my opponent had made his arguments. I will be making my arguments in the next round, as there are 5 rounds of debate. The BoP is on Pro, but I will still make some arguments. Ready to get goin.
Posted by tahirimanov 8 months ago
tahirimanov
I would say, secular state has no right to ban or outlaw any type of marriage.
Posted by dsjpk5 8 months ago
dsjpk5
Who are you quoting?