Tifa
Logical-Master

This house would sell violent VDO games to the hands of parents!!~

Tifa

Pro

Good Afternoon lady and gentlemen. Today I would like to begin with the motion 'This house would sell violent VDO games to the hands of parents'
This house means Asia&Europe. Violent VDO game means GTA.
Violent VDO game is really dangerous for the little children and teenagers too! 'coz it can change their minds from nice children/teenagers to be offensive.
I have 2 arguments for this case.
I will begin with the first argument
1. for the habit of the children/teenager
-The children and teenager have to learn the good things so, they will absorb the good things from what they have learned.. If u give this violent game to them, they will also learn from this kind of game.
2. For their education
-many children/teenager that play this kind of games and don't care about their education so, they just don't care and that's why their education go lower and lower
3. To decrease the crime
-now ... we have the problems about the children/teenagers that kill each other at school .. and that's because of their offensive from the this kind of game

To solve this problem we have to change them from playing violent VDO games to play RPG games ... ie. FFVII or Kingdom of heart
Logical-Master

Con

Alright, sorry for missing out on this debate so far. I'm still a bit busy with classes, thus I'm simply going to use this first round for C/X.

#1. Do you have any credible sources to support your claim your first argument? Suggesting that children and teenagers will absorb "bad things" (presumably, you mean that their personalities and actions will be influenced towards violence) is quite a leap.

#2. For your second point, why would violent video games in particular be a cause for poor education? Why not video games in general? In addition, would you please be so kind as to cite your claim with a reliable source? I'll refute it in the next round, but believe you argument would be a bit stronger if you had some official to back you up.

#3. Do you have any evidence that shows violent video games correlate with criminal activities?

That's all the questions I have. When these are answered, I believe our debate can really begin (though I'll really begin next round regardless of how you answer).
Tifa

Pro

Tifa forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

I'll give Tifa chan another round to respond to my questions. If there is no response, I shall proceed onwards with my case.
Tifa

Pro

Tifa forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

*sigh* Tifa-chan has done nothign to answer my questions. I guess I will negate her position here then.

RE:"-The children and teenager have to learn the good things so, they will absorb the good things from what they have learned.. If u give this violent game to them, they will also learn from this kind of game."

1) Children can indeed learn good things from violent video games and that is better hand eye coordination as well as better problem solving skills.
2) My opponent provides us with no evidence that supports her claims; she has shown nothing that would suggest that violent video games would encourage children/teenagers to have violent behavior.
3) As suggested by my highly credible source ( http://www.psychiatrictimes.com... ), there is more than enough reason to believe that violent video games ACTUALLY serve as an outlet for aggression. In other words, it eases the stress that would typically cause children to instigate real violence, ergo, is beneficial.

Thus, given the above three facts, the instigator's first argument fails.

RE:"-many children/teenager that play this kind of games and don't care about their education so, they just don't care and that's why their education go lower and lower"

1) The instigator provides no evidence to support this claim, therefore, you have no reason to consider it.
2) It's true that a child's grades could very will decrease if they were to play violent video games too often, but this doesn't just apply to violent video games, bu video games in general. Hell, it actually applies to entertainment in general. The simple solution is for parents to monitor their children's performance when it comes to education and to not buy their children so many games (or other forms of entertainment) while knowing full well that their children won't be as devoted to their studies. Merely banning violent video games will solve nothing.

RE:"-now ... we have the problems about the children/teenagers that kill each other at school .. and that's because of their offensive from the this kind of game"

1) The instigator provides no evidence for this claim, ergo, dismiss it.
2) Given the rising popularity of video games (hell, when Halo 2 debuted, it made 125 millions dollars on its openign day), one would think that would be a rival number of teenage crime. However, interestingly enough, school shootings are seldom (they don't occur every day nor do the amount come close to the video game population). In addition, even if you don't buy this, simply look back to my evidence which demonstrates how violent video games actually reduce the incentive to instigate real violence and you will see just how unrealistic my sexy opponent's claims are.

RE:"To solve this problem we have to change them from playing violent VDO games to play RPG games ... ie. FFVII or Kingdom of heart"

Since my opponent hasn't even provided evidence of there being a problem, I don't think you need to consider any solutions that have spewed from her mouth.

Hopefully, my opponent is able to respond in the next round so that we can actually have a debate.
Tifa

Pro

Tifa forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

*sigh* And here I thought we'd have a good debate. Oh well. My points have not been contested, ergo, I win by default.
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
Oh John. You and your Asian fetish.
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
I'll vote for you Tifa if you post your picture and are cute. Write hi john on a piece of paper.

Otherwise the vote goes to Logical-Master.
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
Conduct - CON - PRO forfeited all rounds.
English - CON - While CON's use of the slangy preposition "hell" bothered me, PRO's grammar is far worse. I believe this is self-evident.
Argument - CON - CON refuted all of PRO's arguments sufficiently in his third round.
Sources - CON - PRO provided zero sources. CON provided one self-proclaimed "highly credible" source.
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
That's a rather anticlimactic 100th debate if you ask me. I empathize.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Ha ha! My 100th debate. At last!
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
If it's okay with you Tifa-chan, I'm going to start on this tomrrow afternoon as I have another debate which I promised to set up here by today.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
My opponent is hot. Sweet. :D
Vote Placed by Tatarize 7 years ago
Tatarize
TifaLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
TifaLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
TifaLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
TifaLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
TifaLogical-MasterTied