KJVPrewrather
Gresak

This is a hot one: Feminists should respect men.

KJVPrewrather has forfeited round #3.

KJVPrewrather

Pro

I am a survivor of two rapes, but I don't hate men. Men are humans, and as humans, I personally believe that men are entitled to the same digity as women. I believe we should have true gender equality, not a patriarchy, or a matriarchy, but an egalitarian democracy.
Gresak

Con

I know that must be hard to deal with and I respect your descision to respect men. However, you misunderstand what a feminist is fighting for. You understnad the wage gap correct? Do you also realise men making policies on women over abortions. These Femminists are fighting for the right to choose how they live like men do. I understand that there are some bad examples of a feminist activities but we cannot veiw them all to be the same. Now the reason that some of these Feminists disrespect men is because sometimes people don't think as rationally as possible and could be upset over years of oppression.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I am a gender eqalitarian. I value both genders equally. I think good people should be respected. A good tree can produce bad apples. Let me give you an analogy, I was beaten by a black man. Should I hate black men? Nope. Bigotry is bigotry.
Gresak

Con

Let me give you an analogy in return. If a black man was whipped by a plantation owner does he not have the right to resent his oppressor. Women as all people have the freedom and right to disrespect men if they so choose.
Posted by Arganger 5 months ago
Arganger
I doubt most people would disagree.
Posted by Minddagger 5 months ago
Minddagger
@actions_speak no, its just going to increase the hate crime rate for women, Plus that would mean that men would disrespect women, further enlarging the gender rift.
Posted by KwLm 5 months ago
KwLm
Did you set this up just to tell people you got raped?
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
how about this one.. islam should be banned
Posted by Emilrose 5 months ago
Emilrose
'digity'...lol
Posted by Masterful 5 months ago
Masterful
How was the rape experience?
Posted by backwardseden 5 months ago
backwardseden
In turn men should ab-so-lu-te-ly respect women. And the shoe is on the other foot that they don't, not anywhere near, that women respect men. I am a man, have known 2 children who have been raped, beaten and tortured as children by their stepfathers. One was 4 and this happened all the way up until she was 17 and then she ran away from home and that was only the start of her horrors. I met her when she was 28. The other was 13 and ran away from home and I met her when she was 26. The odds of anyone having a normal life who is abused at such a young age is pretty close to 0%. For the author of this debate, my sympathies and my heart goes out to you. Now I do not know how old you were when these sicko and brutal attacks happened, but I can only hope that with each passing day time heals your nightmares. And I apologize that those are mere words because I do know that friends help if you can talk about it with them and so do their hugs.
Posted by Actions_Speak 5 months ago
Actions_Speak
I'd argue that feminists shouldn't respect men. It seems to me it violates the core strategy of other feminists... perhaps successfully and perhaps not an effort to promote positive change for women by disrespecting men is being made. However I don't really want to be a part of this debate. Will definitely be watching and voting. Good luck to both sides.
Posted by Debatwinnerpro 5 months ago
Debatwinnerpro
true... feminists act like men are demons, when we are not... 38% of rape victims are also men... men are responsible for 78% of assaults... men get raped too...