Thugzbunyyy
ZachyDiz

This is a pessimistic world we live in

Thugzbunyyy

Pro

World defined as; the system of created things (1).
Pessimism defined as;
an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome (2).

These are the definitions I want to work with, please debate with these definitions in mind.

While I acknowledge that the world posses positive aspects, adversity is the predominant factor of our lives and the world.

I ask con to present initial arguments.

(1) http://www.merriam-webster.com...
(2) http://www.merriam-webster.com...
ZachyDiz

Con

I believe that the world we live in has some forms of pessimism, but the world itself is not pessimistic. Lots if people in the world look forward to things in life and are not always so pessimistic about their life. My first round debate will be acceptance and my last round will be restating my points, so basically I will argue for three rounds.
Thugzbunyyy

Pro

Negativity is found in all walks of life.
There are murders and rapes happening on an almost daily basis. The corrupt and greedy are often in positions of power. There have been incidents like the holocaust, the cruelty of slavery for blacks and Egyptians. Plagues have killed billions. The world is full of such adversities and and few, if any, positive aspects of the world can even measure up to these adverse phenomena.

The default experience that the world gives us is a negative one. In order for positive aspects of life to be experienced, one must either be lucky (such as being born into a privileged family) or suffer through negativity in order to achieve it (such as struggling through one's career), and even then it is not guaranteed. Another example is how time seems to speed up when having fun, and slow down when experiencing the opposite. Why can't our perception of time be the opposite of that? Because we live in a negative world.

"I believe that the world we live in has some forms of pessimism, but the world itself is not pessimistic. Lots if people in the world look forward to things in life and are not always so pessimistic about their life."
People do look forward to things in life, however, this proves my point because one must look to the future and hope that they are able to experience what they look forward to. Until that time (assuming it even comes), they are stuck in the now which, more than likely, is full of adverse aspects which make them desire that which they must look forward to.

ZachyDiz

Con

ZachyDiz forfeited this round.
Thugzbunyyy

Pro

Sigh, this is what I mean......My arguments stand.
ZachyDiz

Con

ZachyDiz forfeited this round.
Thugzbunyyy

Pro

No new arguments.
ZachyDiz

Con

ZachyDiz forfeited this round.
ZachyDiz

Con

ZachyDiz forfeited this round.