This is a picture of a blue square.

The resolution is that this is is a picture of a blue square:

"Blue" means the primary color blue: "of a color intermediate between green and violet, as of the sky or sea on a sunny day."

"Square" means "a plane figure with four equal straight sides and four right angles."

In order to verify that I am right, simply click on the link above and view the picture. As you can see, it is a picture of a blue square. Therefore, we should affirm the resolution.

I look forward to my opponent's rebuttal.

Yes, while there is a blue square, in some circumstances, it's a 403 forbidden page. Also, the picture is contained in a white background, so you could make the argument that it is a white rectangle/square with a blue square in the corner.

I must add that my opponent didn't specify which kind of blue it is. Is it baby blue, navy blue, teal, or cobalt blue? There are hundreds of shades of blue. [1]

Color - the property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eye as a result of the way the object reflects or emits light. [2]

So, in a way, the way we see color is subjective. To prove my point even more, here's more evidence:

"'I would say recent experiments lead us down a road to the idea that we don't all see the same colors,' Neitz said.

"Another color vision scientist, Joseph Carroll of the Medical College of Wisconsin, took it one step further: "I think we can say for certain that people don't see the same colors," he told Life's Little Mysteries.

"One person's red might be another person's blue and vice versa, the scientists said. You might really see blood as the color someone else calls blue, and the sky as someone else's red." [3]

Also, may I add, color blindness may affect the way some see that image.

"Most of us share a common color vision sensory experience. Some people, however, have a color vision deficiency, which means their perception of colors is different from what most of us see. The most severe forms of these deficiencies are referred to as color blindness. People with color blindness aren’t aware of differences among colors that are obvious to the rest of us. People who don’t have the more severe types of color blindness may not even be aware of their condition unless they’re tested in a clinic or laboratory.

"Inherited color blindness is caused by abnormal photopigments. These color-detecting molecules are located in cone-shaped cells within the retina, called cone cells. In humans, several genes are needed for the body to make photopigments, and defects in these genes can lead to color blindness.

"There are three main kinds of color blindness, based on photopigment defects in the three different kinds of cones that respond to blue, green, and red light. Red-green color blindness is the most common, followed by blue-yellow color blindness. A complete absence of color vision —total color blindness – is rare." [4]

So, to some people, it isn't blue at all. They may not be able to differentiate the difference between blue and other colors or they might see it as red or green.

Anyway, I took this way too seriously. Bye peeps.

Ockham forfeited this round.

My argument extends.
Posted by whiteflame 4 months ago
>Reported vote: Biodome// Mod action: NOT Removed<

1 points to Con (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision:

[*Reason for non-removal*] Voters are allowed to award conduct only wins to debaters when half or more of the rounds are forfeited. As there were only two rounds and one of those was forfeited, this is a sufficient vote.
********************************************************** **************
Posted by Cobalt 5 months ago
You should know that the link provided does not contain a blue square. Instead, you get a 403 Forbidden page.
Vote Placed by Biodome 4 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited