shakuntala
Max.Wallace

This poem captures the notion of the holy

Started: 9/7/2014 Category: Arts

shakuntala

Pro

I argue that his poem captures the notion of the holy
http://www.scribd.com...
Max.Wallace

Con

because there is no translation into common tongue, and very few can understand, I suggest you are playing us as your fools.
shakuntala

Pro

Hi con well I say this is poem captures the notion of the holy because it encompasses Otto's idea of the numinous

in your reply if you dont quote lines from the poem then I will assume you have not read it
quote
" I did cry I did sigh oh the shuddering of my flesh that transported I into insensibility swooning into a tempest of resonating quavering of ineffable interminable bliss oh the utter insensibility in that outpouring of luminescent beatitude"
and this
" raptures did quiver in my limbs and shudder in my flesh at the multiple loveliness of that infinitude of gorgeousness into paroxysms of delirium I did swoon into an ineffable eternity of bliss my soul did soar oh the utter incompressibility of that of thrilling tingling tat plentitude of overabundant delight "

and
"I did melt I did dissolve in the lightning flashes of that dazzling splendor of that translucent incandescent holy thing in an irruption of illumination in that rush of irradiance in that plenitude of overabundant dazzlement in that holy thing the wholly other did I gaze upon"

again
"that fiery hole did hold in this overplus of awfulness in this unfathomableness of beatitude in the incomprehensibility of this dazzling overplus of wholly otherness the flesh of I did shudder did tremble"
in these lines are the mysterium tremendum facinations of the numinous the wholly other
Max.Wallace

Con

and people think I am crazy? ok buddy, swoon on.
shakuntala

Pro

i see this is not a real debate thats ok
Max.Wallace

Con

A real debate? what is that?

It is when 2 bold faced liars quote others unprovable facts, which are spoon fed to them, or searched up online and declared as fact because someone else said it. Have you ever watched a Presidential Debate? Talk about instant gratification, there it is. This actually is a real debate, because it is between you and I, 2 humans debating the facts. The essence of your debate is that a poem, written by an idol of yours, is proof of what is holy. Holy is not being the arch angel, however many holy folks believe they are. Holy is a nice way of saying "I know what the Lord (whoever that is) will decide for you, so just listen to me and you can be holy too. Woop de dooooooooo! I will know the Lord when I see him, and it is most likely not you.
shakuntala

Pro

con says
"It is when 2 bold faced liars quote others unprovable facts, which are spoon fed to them, or searched up online and declared as fact because someone else said it. Have you ever watched a Presidential Debate? Talk about instant gratification, there it is.
" I happen to agree with con
con says
"Holy is not being the arch angel, however many holy folks believe they are. Holy is a nice way of saying "I know what the Lord (whoever that is) will decide for you, so just listen to me and you can be holy too"

I think con has not read the poem-if you has please quote some lines

this poem is about the holy but holy of a very different type to what con is saying
in the poem holy is used as a pun for something quite different to the religious type of holy-which con seem to think it is

here is a hint for con just as what the holy is in this poem

"oh I did behold betwixt those puffy pulpy folds a gleaming hole that from the holy orifice did stream lights to light the myriad worlds to inflame the universe in gleaming striations "
Max.Wallace

Con

the vagina is holy you are correct. The holiest of holes. We are on the same page, just reading different books.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
shakuntalaMax.WallaceTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was spamming. Con presented no argument. This wasn't a debate.