shakuntala
Aerogant

This poem is a love poem

shakuntala
Started: 7/28/2014 Category: Arts

shakuntala

Pro

This poem is a love poem
http://www.scribd.com...
Aerogant

Con

Love is like biting into a piece of chocolate; sex is like rubbing the chocolate all over your body. It feels good during the experiences, however the experiences fades away as it lasts temporarily, and eventually life solely becomes sticky.
shakuntala

Pro

Con has not told us why this poem is not a love poem
here is my example showing that it is a love poem

" Oh breeze in the trees Oh lapwing that flies kohl'in al-deen cries "taketh thee to the cunt my sighs
taketh thee my grief the desires of I "
in the cunt the waters of paradise lie
though the cunt be far or near I cant divine "
no resting place for I in the cunts quest for I
kohl'in al-deen cries kohl'in al-deen sighs
the cunts hole like a dark mole
though the idol of I the secret of the cunt no one knoweth including I "

now all con has to do is show us by example that the poem is NOT a love poem
Aerogant

Con

Can't debate subjectivity, Pro. Please stop with the tomfoolery. It's subjective. Art is subjective. These words have to do with our emotions, not evidence - tangible, objective and non-biased.

Love is not something that is - love is a ghost that only we can see for ourselves through our own senses. If I told someone I loved someone, and they told me "What? I never saw anything in them!", I wouldn't say "wow, you are an idiot", I'd say, "well, we all have our different ways of seeing things, so that's okay.". Then we go on our merry way.
shakuntala

Pro

con thinks he can win this debate by arguing love is subjective -just trying to be clever
well he cant
as con has accepted this debate we can assume because he does not find the the poems to be love poems

all con has to do is tell us why he does not regard the poems to be love poems

con has infact shot himself in the foot with his own argument
con says
"Love is not something that is - love is a ghost that only we can see for ourselves through our own senses. If I told someone I loved someone, and they told me "What? I never saw anything in them!", I wouldn't say "wow, you are an idiot", I'd say, "well, we all have our different ways of seeing things, so that's okay.". Then we go on our merry way."

trying to be a bit to clover I think

proof
con says
". If I told someone I loved someone,.."
so I have told con that "This poem is a love poem"
con now says
" [if]they told me "What? I never saw anything in them!

so I am asking con why he does not see love in these poems
con just has to tell us why not see love in these poems

from cons own argument
"I wouldn't say "wow, you are an idiot", I'd say, "well, we all have our different ways of seeing things, so that's okay.". Then we go on our merry way."
so con argues that around love we all have different views
so please con tell us your view as to why these poems are not love poems
just as I when YOU may have told me "[you]I loved someone" and I may ask you why you love them
Aerogant

Con

If I'm clever, then there's no point in you trying to argue my cleverness, as you have surely used your subconscious to bite yourself in the rear this time around.

Again - you cannot argue love. It comes in many different shapes and sizes because it's subjective. Nothing else needs to be said, because it's a lose/lose debate - you can't debate what we see in an every day cloud - it's lunacy.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
shakuntalaAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro. Capitalization. Pls. Con argued love is subjective/chocolate/ethereal, but offered no reasons why this is true. Further, the debate is about *love poems*, not love proper. Pro quoted sections of the poem showing sexual interest, often integral to love.