This smelly bus would whisper: Jedi4 was more important than Kant in the development of philosophy

Started: 10/29/2014 Category: Movies

F*ck kant.

First round is for accept

I accept this debate.

Kant influenced like 3 german guys (nobody even cares about 2 of thems). Ficthe, Shelling and hagel. Ficthe was basically an LSD additced kant lover and Shelling stole everything from Fichte. Hagel created some BS system based on dielticis.

Thats all what kant did for us. The world would be better off without german idealism. I (jedi4) have inspired many students to base philosophies off jedism and the philosopjy of star wars. I have proven the movies star wars are based off factual events

We know Kant was a germo.Heres the kicker so was hitler. Kants death was mysterious, no body was ever found. Aaaaaaand we have never seen kant and hitler at the same place. The bigger kicker? Look at Hithit and look and Kant

^ young hitler

^ young kant

The similarites are f*cking striking. Kant obviouslt is biologically immortal and died as adolf hitler. We know hithit liked art anddddd so did Kant. Kant was a bad artist but worked on it all his life. Who would get so mad over a little bit of artwork? No one but who would get mad if a lifetime of working on art was rejected. Thinking about it makes me want to commit genocide.

Theer is doubt that kant did any philosophy. I believe there was an old genius man with dimention in kants basement that Kant molested and stole his work. Because kant like to f*ck loose women and get down to paaaaaartay. Philosopher s like kant dont do sh1t like this. They are quite guys who sit in there homes and read philosophy.

All that wine would make Kants mind all f*cked. Kant wasnt a intelligent man he was a psycho molester theif man who made his carrier off an old man in his basement. On behalf of all real philosophers

F*ck you Kant.

Kant influenced many more than just three guys. The three philosophers that Pro has listed were the philosophers that "created" German Idealism--a philosophy not at all related to Nazi Germany. These philosophers did this against Kant's writings.
Kant's writing, and especially his work on his Categorical Imperative influenced the philosophical world to an extreme. Prof. Oliver A. Johnson claims that, "With the possible exception of Plato's Republic, (Critique of Pure Reason) is the most important philosophical book ever written."[1] Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy says, "Immanuel Kant (1724"1804) is the central figure in modern philosophy. He synthesized early modern rationalism and empiricism, set the terms for much of nineteenth and twentieth century philosophy, and continues to exercise a significant influence today in metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, political philosophy, aesthetics, and other fields."[2] I can tell this is not at all a very serious debate (I almost wish I did not accept it, due to it's stupidity...), so I won't go into the actual philosophy that he introduced that has caused such influence.

Now let's look at how much Jedi4 has influenced philosophy. Pro has claimed he has influenced many students in the philosophy of "Jedism". Well, I can safely say that no student of philosophy has been influenced in it, much less philosophy as a whole. But let's take a closer look at his backup for this claim. He gives a link to a debate that Jedi4 has participated in. If you take a look at this debate, he has lost, so I don't think he really did have much influence.

I have now proven that voting Con is justified, but I also want to clear Kant's name.

Pro has brought up a false picture of young Hitler. I don't know who that picture is of, but it's not of Hitler. Check out this Wikipedia article for some pictures of Hitler when he was younger:

So, we can conclude that Kant and Hitler were not at all the same person. (You can also take into account that they lived nearly 100 years apart.

As for Pro's assertion that Kant was some sort of psychopath that kept a philosopher in his basement, this argument does not even deserve to be addressed.

Vote Con.

[1] Article on Kant within the collection "Great thinkers of the Western World", Ian P. McGreal, Ed., HarperCollins, 1992.
[2] Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. "Immanuel Kant" First published May 20th, 2010.

Jedi4 forfeited this round.

Because it is clear that Kant had far more influence in the development of philosophy, vote Con.
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 1 year ago
Vote Placed by 18Karl 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: CONDUCT-I found it wholly offensive that pro's arguments were based upon a premise of ad hominem attacks, especially how he says that Kant influenced three people no one really cared about. Hegel was a pinnacle of German idealistic philosophy. Apart from this, pro treats this debate as a troll debate, and his points are merely fictional. Arguments-Con's arguments, albeit weak, destroyed pro's. Con's arguments were based on a rational basis and not pure hatred.