frankfurter50
TheRealBatman117

This website I just found is a horrible idea.

TheRealBatman117 has forfeited round #3.
Started: 12/13/2017 Category: Technology

frankfurter50

Pro

OK, so I was surfing the web, which I do pretty often, and I came across an interesting looking link, so I clicked it, and some stuff popped up. It was the stupidest fricking website I think I've ever seen. Awful. Really stupid. This debate is for anyone who disagrees. Go there, look around, so you'll be ready to debate me. Here's a link:

https://nsequeira119.wixsite.com...

After you accept in round 1, I'll give you some points as to why I think it's dumb. Only accept if you genuinely disagree with me, and think it's great. I don't think it's great. It's gutter rubbish. I'll wait.
TheRealBatman117

Con

It's just an odd website, definitely not dumb or stupid.
frankfurter50

Pro

So, first off, the guy says he was too lazy to write his own frickin' novel, so he asks OTHER people to write it for him! That's stealing other people's intellectual property! I guess it does kinda promote teamwork, but he's lazy if he can't write a few thousand words. And he wants it to be a novelty. I bet this novel will be so much of a novelty that it won't even have any point. It will come out looking like gutter rubbish! There will be a hundred different people, all trying to weigh in, all wrecking the story in some way or another, making it sound wrong, taking it in bad directions, making it incoherent and bizarre. And what if the people are idiots? They'll go nuts!

And what will he say on the cover? How do you talk about a book that written by a million people? Would he say, "Written by a million people?" I mean, this is a new experiment that nobody's tried before. There will be a lot of problems with it. Bad idea all around, really. Horrible idea. When this thing comes out, if it ever does, it's going to be so strange that nobody in their right minds would ever pick it up.
TheRealBatman117

Con

I agree, but, if they submitted it freely, it's not, by law, stealing. Sorry for using to many commas in that sentence!
frankfurter50

Pro

I'll go a little further. please, more than just one sentence in your next round. This book is going to be a catastrophe. Trolls will jump on it like wildfire. Already, a guy just wrote a long list of profanity. I get that it's supposed to be a wild party, but, for gosh sakes, there's got to be some kind of limit. This novelty book will be unbearably incoherent and full of a mangled, bizarre plot that I don't think anyone will want to read. If a million people write it, it will be constantly changing from one writing style to another. One guy will write it like a romantic novel, one guy will write it like a hour novel, another guy will write it like a comedy. It's a bad idea and it's going to fail.