This year will have one of the lowest voter turnouts

PaxtonWayneDriggers has forfeited round #3.

Hi! First off let me explain my reasoning.

With little interest of each candidates ideals,motions,and agendas,this election year will have one of the lowest voter turnouts in american history.
I can back up a lot further, but I'll save it for the real action

Okay, first let me bring up the primaries. Donald Trump got 14,031,998 votes in the 2016 primaries. Mitt Romney in 2012, got only 10,031,336. That is over 4,000,000 MORE voters than Romney got in the primaries. Trump's number would have been ever higher if Colorado and North Dakota held primaries. Now, Hillary Clinton got less votes in 2016 than she got in 2008. This is interesting, considering Barack Obama basically tied with her on the popular vote in 2008. Clinton beat Bernie Sanders by about 3,000,000 votes in 2016. So, there was a HIGHER Republican turnout in 2016 than Democrat. Now, remember, there were a bunch of Republicans running this year. Now, voter turnout in 2012 was 3.3% lower than 2008 (only 54.9% to 2008's 58.2%).

That is the first part of my argument, thanks for reading :)

First off, thank you for accepting my challenge. And as this is an intelligent, civilized debate, I would just like to add that I totally and honestly respect your position. Honestly, I hope you prove me wrong. Now for my standpoint:

As we all can get behind this statement, it is imperative that I make it : We are all tired of turning on the news, or reading a newspaper, or looking on your news app and all you see for 8 hours, or for many articles, is TRUMP and HILLARY. I mean honestly, I am tired of hearing it over and over and over. Aren't you? I mean with all this beating of dead horses, people are bored, and are just ready for it to be over with.
Thank you for your time

Yes, it is quite annoying to see Trump vs. Hillary or Hillary says this or Trump says that. But, in retrospect, I have met even a ton of college students who say they will vote. I know my mother who refused to vote in 2012 will vote in 2016. A lot of people want change and a lot of people want Clinton to continue what Obama started. P.S. these people are in Greeley, Colorado if that makes a difference? The best thing to look at is voter turnout in the primaries by state. New Hampshire had the highest turnout at 52.02%. Louisiana had the lowest at 18.17%. If that many voters turned out in New Hampshire for the primaries, then I still believe it will be higher in the general election. I can see the overall turnout increasing by at least 1-2% from 2012 during the general election.

I, too, respect your opinion, as that it is a constitutional right to have an opinion :).
(Also, if voter turnout truly is low, then basically that will give Trump a huge advantage, since there are more registered Democrats than Republicans, just to let you know. Not saying Trump would have a 100% chance of winning, just a bit higher than if turnout was high.)
Posted by dsjpk5 2 months ago
You're probably right.