Thou Shalt Not Kill (unborn babies included).

I am standing as the con of abortion and hopefully whoever decides to take on my debate will get my point of view.

The point of this debate is not to bash anyone or call anyone names, but to hopefully get our point across to be more open minded about the topic and not be set for just one issue.

1. No profanity
2. No vulgar language
3. Be respectful to the others opinion
4. And use any resources you can to back up your views.

Ok, I am willing to take on this debate, and I accept all of your rules.

Just to make it clear, are you are you arguing that abortions should not be allowed, and I am arguing that abortions should be allowed. Correct?

I will leave it up to you to start the debate off.

Hello. Thank you for choosing this debate. To answer your question, this is a debate on why abortion is wrong based off of Biblical views. So in a sense yes, you will be stating why you believe in your views that abortion is not biblically right.

So to start, I believe that because the Bible says in exodus 20:13, ""You shall not murder." That includes the unborn babies as well. Why? Because that is a living being in a woman's womb. Not some tissue or cells. Lets just say that if someone was to say that an unborn child is nothing but a cell or tissue, then that must mean that you, me and all other people that we know and have encountered were tissues and should've been aborted too if it's okay? What do you think?

Check this website out too please.

But even though the bible might state that "You shalt not murder", what about circumstances where the mother may not be in a position to raise the child, and therefore the child should have a terrible life in care homes, or what if a victim was raped and didn't want a child. There is also the current medical advancements, such as being able to determine whether an unborn child will be born with things like Down Syndrome.

The Bible was written so long ago that circumstances have changed, and sometimes abortion is necessary. If a child is going to be born with a disease that may debilitate them, and they may die at an early age anyway, isn't it better to abort the pregnancy, rather than putting the parents through the trauma of losing a child they've come to love? Isn't it better to have an abortion so that the child won't have to spend the few years of their life in pain, never fitting in?

The baby, which I agree is a living thing, can't yet make decisions for itself, so therefore it should be up to the parent to decide whether or not they will be able to look after the child. And what about money? In order to look after a child with a medical disease is expensive, and if doctors know that a child is going to be born needing a lot of medical attention, that the parents might not be able to pay for, what should they do?

Sometimes there are special circumstances where abortion might be necessary. What do you think about that?

Thank you for your opinions and thoughts. However I do not agree that a mother has a right to decide whether to abort a child or not.. If she thinks she cannot raise the child then shouldn't she have thought about that before going and having sex (fornicating)? I mean, if a mother bases their decisions off of feelings, I'm sorry but that's pretty selfish and cruel... And that goes for those women who were rapped too.. What did that baby do to the pregnant woman to deserve to be aborted because of what happened to her? Nothing... Just because she was rapped does not mean the baby should have to pay for it.. That's not right.. The Bible may have been written a long time ago, but it still exists and henceforth should be obeyed regardless.. If the Bible says, don't murder than what right does a mother have to murder something that really doesn't belong to her.. Her being able to even conceive is a blessing and a privilege.. There are other women who are barren and would love to give birth to children.. But while they sit and hope to conceive they have to watch and hear of cruel and selfish women murder their babies for what... Rap? No money? Can't afford time? Disease? Those are ridiculous and harsh decisions.. And to your question.. What should the parents do if the babies are diseased or gonna die in a short amount of time.. Well, in my opinion I think it'd be better if the mother chose life rather than Seth because in the end they'll regret it .. Unlike women who miscarry their babies they didn't get the option to meet the baby at all.. The ones aborting having that option.. Which do you think is more important? The baby? Or someone's feelings?

You stated that just because the pregnant woman was raped, doesn't mean she has the right to abort her child, yet what if the pregnant woman in question is 12 or 13 years old, the baby may have done nothing wrong, but putting a mere child of that age through the pains of having a child could result in her death. Do you think it is worth risking her life for the baby?

But what about something like muscular dystrophy? That's a degenerative disease and the child won't live for very long. The child is a living thing and that is why the child should be aborted. That is horrible to live through and parents who decide to keep children who are known to have that syndrome are being selfish, not the other way round.

Sometimes it is necessary to go against the Bible to do what is right, having an abortion for reasons such as I have explained is not murder.

For example, if you were to have a pet dog, and you stabbed it with a knife, that is murder, yet if that dog was sick, or dying, you could use euthanasia, that is not murder, and the same goes for abortions of children, it is not murder. Aborting babies, embryos, who will have miserable lives anyway is mercy killing, doesn't the Bible say to have mercy.

Thanks for your questions and my answers are that...

Again if I may, a woman that decided to have sex despite her age range, should take on the responsibility or they're being selfish.. How can someone be willing to have sex and not be willing to take the responsibility? To me I'm sorry but that is selfish.. If a person wants to have sex then they ought to man up and woman up to the responsibility. Babies are not dolls they're living beings just like we are. They have hearts, lungs, a head, a face and is either a boy or girl... And if the woman is probable to die, then she would be sacrificing herself for her child and I can guarantee it the child would miss her but would appreciate what she did and even think of her as a hero... What would you do? What is worth more to you? Your child? Or yourself?

To your next question, how is giving life to a child (even for a short amount of time) selfish? Can you explain that to me? If you were the child and you had so long to live because of a disease; would you have wanted your parents to have aborted (killed) you?

I'm sorry, my allegiance is not to another man or woman.. My allegiance is to God and to the Bible.. I will obey what the Bible says because I know that in it has Living Words. :) and is always right.. What people think is right may not be right in God's eyes unless they've understood and studied His Word.

Okay your next implication is an analogy, well I have one for you too :)
Since you say that giving a dog some form of shot to "mercy" kill it, what about the people in prison who are charged with the death penalty, they either get the electric chair or the shot right? And if I ask which is worse, you'd probably say the electric chair right... But what's the difference? The person has been charged with the death penalty.. So either way, they are still going to die no matter which stances they're killed from.. It's the same thing with an unborn baby.. It's murder. :'(

You aren't listening to what I'm saying though. You stated that a woman that decides to ahve sex despite being of a young age, should take responsibility. BUT, when I mentioned young girls of perhaps 12 or 13, I was talking about them being raped, which is defined as:

any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person. (

Which means that this young girl did not decide to have sex, it was forced on her, therefore she should have the right to abort her child. If she is perhaps even younger than that, to have a child could kill her, having a child can kill some adults. You seem to care so much about the unborn baby, and you are forgetting this poor young girl, who suffered terribly being raped by someone, and you want to force them to have a child. That is simply not right.

You are in love with Biblical, fanatical ideas of sacrifice and heroism. If this young girl, who has barely started her own life at 12 or 13, sacrifices herself or dies to have a child, then that child causes the death of the mother. If the mother aborts the child, then the mother causes the death of the baby. If one of them has to die, why does it have to be the mother.

Ok, I will explain. If a child has a disease that is going to cause them a lot of pain, and cause them to have a horrible life, yes I would have wanted to have been aborted, and given my parents the chance to have a healthy child. If a child is going to be born, spend the 3 or 4 years of its life in pain and misery, and the parents know that, it should be up to them to decide. Not up to you or me. Not up to the bible. What if this person in question is like me, and doesn't follow a religion and doesn't hold the Bible in as high regard. If they know the risks of an abortion, you shouldn't make the decision, the parents should have that opportunity.

I respect your beliefs, and you are allowed to view the world that way. But for me, I do not believe in God, I do not follow a religion, I do not believe that the Bible, written thousands of years ago is always right. So, if I was to become pregnant, and be thinking about aborting a child for one reason or another, the Bible and God would have nothing to do with my decision. I hope you understand and can respect my beliefs as I respect yours.

In my country, where I live, we do not have the death penalty, so whilst that might be a useful analogy for you, we have already abolished it. However, as far as I'm aware, when my country used to have the death penalty, it was only used for people who had committed very serious crimes, like murder. So killing this person is saving many other people from being murdered at his hand.

Thanks you again for your thoughts, questions and answers. And I respect them all and respect you as a person. With that said...

Concerning the rapped 12 or 13 year old, if that was me id rather die for my child then to have it killed by abortion. Are you aware of what exactly the doctors do to those babies? They snip their necks or crush their little fragile innocent heads.. To me, again if I was the young girl and had a choice to let my child live over death is choose just that life because if it's my time to go then it's my time to go. I cannot control how my body works or is. But a mother has the control to make a decision to either choose life or death for their babies... The difference between a mother dying and the baby being aborted is that the mother does because of an uncontrolled situation but a choice kill a baby by abortion.. That's not the same thing.

I'm sorry that you do not believe the Bible or God as well. That greatly saddens me. And would explain you views concerning abortion.

Anyways, I would like to thank my opponent for taking some time out of her days to have this debate with me and wish her the best. My opponent does not agree with my views, which is fine because I can't change her mind or anybody else's concerning this topic. I will only hope in prayer that she and the rest would come to acknowledge the truth and accept it for what it is and repent of it as well. God bless you and look forward to future debates with you.

I know that it's sad that these tiny babies have to be killed in an abortion, but I do not believe that being raped, and then having to choose between your life and a baby's at 12 years old, necessarily means that it's a sign that its "my time". Sometimes it is necessary to go against your beliefs in order to do something, isn't God meant to forgive you if you sin. I know a woman, who believes in God, who had an abortion. She knows that God states in the Bible, "thou shall not kill", but she believed that he would forgive her, and she still has her faith.

No offence intended, but just because you believe in God, doesn't mean that you must always adhere to every single thing in the bible at every moment. Yes there are laws in our governments, but sometimes they need to be broken to save someone or for another reason.

I am not sorry that I don't believe in God, you should not feel sorry for me, I don't think he exists, and my life is not government by the Bible. I have friends who believe in God, but they don't say they are sorry that I don't believe in God. And not being religious should not be used as an excuse for my views on abortion, as I stated above, I know someone who believes in God and the bible and they had an abortion.

I would also like to thank you for debating with me, its been interesting to read about your views, especially since they are different to mine. I would enjoy debating in other arguments with you, although I do not feel the need to repent, and though I understand your views, it is not up to you to say necessarily that your belief in God is the truth, it is your truth, but not mine.
Posted by Sola.Gratia 3 years ago
Well.. I'm sorry, I can read your philosophical book words, but dont believe or agree with it.. The Bible is what I Cling to.. You mentioned I. Timothy 2:12.. Let me reassure you that that scripture is speaking to the females in the church.. It's not speaking to any woman.. Keep it in context,.

Women are wrong for aborting their babies And killing in any form or fashion is biblically wrong..

No one is good.. Romans 3:12... I don't care if your the smartest person in the world or do the most good deeds or "try" to help people understand things.. That doesn't make anyone a good person..
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
solocup.gratingcheese, there is No crying in baseball. You know that already. Walk It Off :)

Now Back to Big Kids Stuff :)

Lets look at some differences between how a loser views women and a stud views women:

Misogyny 2:12--"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." (1 Timothy 2:12)

Quotes 5:21--A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are--Chauncey Depew :)

Lets look at some more basic differences.

Cristian Leaders Institute-- "We use the term home discipleship to accent the point that when the home is strong and supported in walking with god, the church prospers". (check their website)

Science-- We use the term empirical to accent the point that when evidence is strong, and supported by years of testing, mankind prospers :)

Recognize 2:11--Science will always win, not because it has all the answers, but because the good guys always win :)
Posted by Sola.Gratia 3 years ago
I'm truly offended by your mockery of the Bible and God.. I don't know what kind of "book" your reading and quoting from but it's definitely not the truth.. It's fallacy and ridiculously absurd! >.<

Secondly with the whole "idea" of faith being of feelings... Wrong word for it my friend.. Acceptance or if you will confident .. Those are not feelings.. Those are mere actions.. When you meet someone do you tell them your personal life story? No right? It takes trust and getting to know someone.. Having a relationship.. Same applies to God..

Your knowledge has definitely mislead you to deceiving lies and I sympathize for you.. I'll be praying for you And many others..
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
Making humans allergic to water and rape babies are two of gods greatest gifts :)

BigKids 8:23--Humanism is a progressive philosophy of life that, without theism, affirms our responsibility to lead ethical lives of value to self and humanity because we want too to be good, that doesnt sound too difficult right? :)

Delusions 8:24--If a personal god hears you murmur, or chant, or pray, and you believe that created a positive result on a test at school, or a promotion, or a game winning touchdown, or any sporting athlete who thanks a god, what is your lazy god doing paying attention to your petty wishes but NOT teen girls forced in sex trafficing rings that are praying to get away alive? Grow out of the binky and be strong enough to make it on your own without the holy binky there for you to suckle that ultimitley leads to atrophy of your intuition, intellect and instinct :)

DevientGenie 8:22--Believers in a god do good for the sake of getting a reward and avoiding punishment after death, non believers in Bronze Aged fiction, do good becasue theyre nice :)

EVOLUTION 10:15--Humans are cousins to every creature on this planet, that means all creatures on earth share a common ancester. This is NOT science fiction, or pseudo science in anyway, this is a proven fact, as true in science as any truth we know :)

BigKids 11:25--No matter how painful it is to learn, you should always want to educate yourself. When you educate yourself on which countries in 2009 were rated the most peaceful on the Global Peace Index, you will see a correlation between non violence and NON theism :)

DevientGenie 6:48--The Genie's appreciation and understandings of the universe and life, is not two steps, or ten steps ahead of a religious person, it is flights of stairs ahead :)

Secrets 2:41--The Genie was infected early in life with religious poison, which resulted in delusional religious thoughts in his past, then he turned 12 yrs old :)
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
Misogyny 7:2--Religion be damned, if men could get pregnant, not only would abortions be legal everywhere, there would be abortion clinics on every street corner :)
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
@solocup.grating, You said this--" I mean, if a mother bases their decisions off of feelings, I'm sorry but that's pretty selfish and cruel"

What is faith?Faith is just feelings. Its called faith because its Not called evidence :)

So when a mother indoctrinates religion into her childs mind, its ONLY WHAT THE MOTHER IS FEELING :)

The destructive nature of religion because of its inherent divisiveness, is also a mental poison that causes an atrophy to free thought.

Free thought led to scientific understandings of the universe and life. Restricting scientific free thought in school and government is only possible when the arrogance of religion sticks its nose where it doesn't belong.

Therefore, supporting religion is supporting its inherent weaknesses, and thus, draining Mankind with a ball and chain we drag on our way to a higher standard :)

The religious elite have used their filthy beliefs from thousands of years ago to promote slavery, racism and a homophobic attitude. This is all done while the religious loud mouth champions are hiding behind a shield of humility that protects them from criticism :)

Kicking that shield aside and exposing the soft intellect behind it, is just the splashing glass of ice water needed to wake up the world to the childish, disgusting, destructive, divisive, immoral, and unecessary nature of religion, especially in the 21st Century :)

Lets get back to this Higgs Boson and let kissing girls get married in a court of law, and go night night with your holy binky America, we dont need your outdated cherry picked morality in our government, Leave our gays and women alone jewish zombie worshiping freaks :)

The preceding message has been brought to you by our faithful sponsors, CHECK and MATE :)
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
Thou shalt not kill...Good thing it doesnt apply to cows, chickens, pigs, and other stuff that is.......Mmmmmmm Yummy:)

Anyways kids, 3 days after 2 humans enjoy what the bible shames and attaches guilt too, there is a circle of about 150 cells grouped together in the female.

A fly has around 100,000 cells in its brain. Yes, flys have brains, and if you think the 150 cell group has a soul, your mental peer has 100,000 cells :)

What later when it splits? Enter a new soul? What about after that when they join again? The soul math is kinda messy :)

True Scripture will help, Not that watered down trip from back in the day :)

TRUTH 10:35--Science leads children to KNOW new understandings about the universe and life, the bible leads children to NO new undertandings about the universe and life :)

SmartyPants 10:4--Increase our chances of inspiring the next genius, take your kids to a museum or science center on Saturday or Sunday and let genius inspire them instead of jesus :)

DUH 1:29--A childs inability to comprehend biology, is Not proof of their god.

Close but NO Cigar:
"I'm not religious at all, but I believe that there is a god (super-powered being) who existed originally. This cannot be explained, but there are a lot of puzzles about dark matter too..."

TRANSLATION: I dont know everything, nobody knows everything, therefore since we dont understand something, god did it :)

Infections 8:1--Deism is the result of exposure to theistic writings, much like stinking is the result of exposure to second hand smoke

Psalami 14:1--The fool hath said in his heart, there is no cumulative evolution by natural selection :)

Recognize 10:25--Its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than it is for a man to refute cumulative evolution by natural selection :)
Posted by zezima 3 years ago
Personally I believe in abortion only for the mother's life.
Now, just because an unborn child can't speak for itself, doesn't give someone else a right as something as big as living or not.
Now if the baby has some kind of mental issue, and that is the reason you are aborting it, is actually quite sick.
There are these things called foster homes.
If you think you are saving the baby from a tough childhood by not letting it live at all, is just weird and unnatural.
Posted by Sola.Gratia 3 years ago
Posted by drhead 3 years ago
Is this a debate about abortion, or about abortion conflicting with religious beliefs?
Vote Placed by philochristos 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This is a hard debate to judge because the resolution was not clear. Con tried to clarify the resolution in the second round by saying it's a debate on whether the Bible condone's abortion. At first, Pro seemed to be okay with that, but then later, Pro said we should go against the Bible, which seems to imply that it doesn't matter what the Bible says. So who do I fault? Do I fault Con for waiting until the second round to make the debate about Biblical morality rather than morality in general, or do I fault Pro for accepting the debate without first getting clarification on what it was supposed to be about? I don't know. Also, it wasn't clear whether the debate was over the morality of abortion, or whether it was over the legality of abortion. Pro admitted that abortion was "sad," but thought it should be allowed anyway, which makes it sounds like it's immoral but should be legal. Con seems to be arguing just that it's immoral. I have more to say, but I've run out of room.
Vote Placed by rross 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: CVB Zezima Oh wait! CVB Laserpak too... There. Back to tied. :)
Vote Placed by zezima 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Made better points
Vote Placed by Laserpak 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I think that abortion is terrible, but Pro had much better etiquitte.