Tim Tebow NFL QB.....or Not?

Started: 12/7/2009 Category: Sports

Tim Tebow, is the the quarterback at Florida University. He is known as " A Walking Freight Truck". He can take on linebackers and safety's. Not known for his arm, Tebow is projected late in the upcoming draft. But Tebow has shown one trate, or the "it" factor. His leadership. Tebow showed the world this great gift after the depressing loss to Ole Miss midway through the 2008-2009 season.
"I'm sorry. Extremely sorry, We were looking for an undefeated season. That was my goal, something Florida's never done here. But I promise you one thing: A lot of good will come out of this. You have never seen any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season, and you will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season. God bless."-Tim Tebow

So the question is....Can Tim Tebow prosper in the NFL?

I would like to thank Dragon-69-Slayer for this debate.

Original statement-
Tim Tebow NFL QB.....or Not?

Dragon-69-Slayer took the role of going pro, listing Tim Tebows "it" factor.
I will be the "Not" in this equation.

There are 32 NfL teams, with only 32 Starting quarterbacks.

1. The "it" factor.
My opponent is right in saying that Tebow has an "it" factor, but not at an NFL quarterback level.
Having that "it" factor is what makes him too valuable to just be a back up Qb. He needs to be listed as an hback, having an opportunity to touch the ball when ever he can.
He would be a great full back option, Half back option, Wide receiver option, and even a QB option.
Qb option, but not listed as an NFL Qb or even throwing the ball more than 5 times a game.

2. Myer's offense is not NfL friendly.
Meyer's spread offense isn't conducive to producing an NFL quarterback -- how has 2005 No. 1 pick Alex Smith panned out?
Meyer's runs a spread offense all of the time.
There is no NFL team that runs a spread offense most of the game. The closest is The England Pats, who has Tom Brady as their Qb, and would list him as an Hback using him everywhere.
And when Tebow was facing an NFL level Defense, he choked.

3. Heisman Trophy
I know he won the Heisman Trophy but not counting Tebow, nine of the previous 11 Heisman winners who played quarterback weren't able to play it in the NFL.

4. What Tebow does not have.
a. a good Release
I. Reportedly is working with new QB coach to get the ball out quicker and more over-the-top as a senior. On 2007 and 2008 film Tebow takes entirely too long getting the ball out. It will be difficult to succeed in the NFL with the elongated, three-quarter delivery that he has used the past two seasons.

b. good Accuracy
I. Flashes great touch and the ability to fit the ball into tight spots down the field but is far too inconsistent with his overall accuracy. Needs to learn to change velocities and show better touch on underneath throws. Deep ball will flutter and float too often. Footwork is erratic and accuracy suffers as a result. He frequently operates with enormous passing windows, which allow him to miss within the strike zone with no consequence. He completes a lot of passes that will throw his receiver off course, thus eliminating potential yards after catch. Many of those misses within the strike zone will either be batted down or picked off in the NFL.

c. an elite Arm Strength
I. Overall arm strength is good but not elite. Gets good zip on deep out throws. Can fit the ball into tight spots in intermediate zone. Deep ball has a tendency to flutter and will get hung up in the air at times.

I will end with that.
I look forward to your next statements.

Dragon-69-Slayer forfeited this round.

Extend my arguments until Pro responds.

Dragon-69-Slayer forfeited this round.

That is to bad, my opponent was unable to be on the internet the last few days.
I think we could have had a good debate on this subject. That being said, I don't believe I need to present anything new in this round.

Now I will thank my opponent, and wish him luck in his future debates!
Posted by RaeTulo 6 years ago
xD I know.
It's soo true.
I only pay attention to Saints games.
Posted by mds1303 6 years ago

lol wow glad to see you don't know anything about football, you want to make fun of tebow for crying? i can name a list of NFL players who have cried and they are some of the most hardcore toughest players in the league...i will start the list with Ray Lewis, if you even know who that is....

So I will come back at your coment with he is the one drafted in the 1st round against all odds and has the highest selling rookie jersey in the league...more to come ;)

In the meantime do yourself a favor and stick to girl sports
Posted by RaeTulo 6 years ago
Is he the one that cries after every loss?
Posted by mds1303 6 years ago
I would have loved to debated "common" on this officially, so he could realize he does know as much as he thinks about sports ;)
Posted by sllewuy 6 years ago
Tebows whole play style wont work in the NFL. Tebow is not fast enough to run from NFL linebackers and Tebows entire worth is in his footwork.
Posted by comoncents 6 years ago
I agree with you.
Posted by Demosthenes 6 years ago
This is a pretty one-sided debate. Tebow is not an NFL QB by any stretch of the imagination as he plays right now.

HOWEVER, it should be noted that Tebow shows great love for the game and strong commitment to improvement and victory, two things he will need if he does decide to move to the professional arena. In fact, those two above things are inherently more valuable than a pro-ready arm and mechanics, as we've seen MANY QBs highly drafted for a long time who simply couldn't cut it in the bigs because they didn't have the will and mindset to succeed. If anything, the lack of faith, as it were, in Tebow's abilities will no doubt serve as motivation to a young man like Tebow, only furthering the likelihood that he has a chance to succeed in the NFL.

I would have liked very much to take this debate, because it's very open and accepts many different viewpoints. Tebow is very talented and a good leader, and his ability to scramble is very interesting to me as a sports fan, not to mention all the running he's done in college proves just how tough and strong he is. Best of luck to the guy. Hope he goes somewhere better than the Jaguars *shiver*.
Vote Placed by comoncents 6 years ago