Blade0886
MilindianaJones

Time Travel

Blade0886

Blade0886

Pro

If anyone else is interested in taking up the debate, say it in comments or via PM.

Rules

First round is for acceptance and definitions only. If you want to challenge a definition I made, please talk about it in the comments first before posting your round.

No semantics

BOP is shared

No kritics

If either side can't post an argument in time, he/she must not forfeit the round, but instead post a small message in the round itself and explain why he/she couldn't do the round. If the opponent agrees, the person will be able to post their argument in the comments under 24 hours of the time their missed round was supposed to finish.

Premise

I will be arguing that Time Travel, through either one of its means, is possible/logically reasonable for human beings to accomplish.

Definitions

Time travel: the action of going back or forward into the axis of time to enter a different time period. Example: going from year 2012 to year 1547, or from year 254 to year 4532.

Either one mean: any functionality under which time travel is described to be working, whether it be real or fictional.

Possible: something that is doable. Contrary to impossible, which is undoable.

Logically reasonable: is within reason and human logic.

Accomplish: successfully perform an act.
MilindianaJones

Con

I agree with the Pro's definition, however, the only way time travel is currently possible is by travelling faster then the speed of light. Just think about it. How can we possibly go back in time? How is it even possible to understand the engineering principles or anything behind this. It doesn't make any sense. And most importantly, where would we land if we built this impossible machine. Time travel must come with a destination, and finding how that works will take a long time, probably won't even happen until we build a Star-Wars like ships.
Blade0886

Pro

Con failed to respect the rules by posting part of his arguments during round 1, thus he/she forfeits the debate to me.
MilindianaJones

Con

MilindianaJones forfeited this round.
Blade0886

Pro

Debate waiting to end.
MilindianaJones

Con

Debate waiting to end.
MilindianaJones

Con

My names Jeff therefore I win
Posted by MilindianaJones 9 months ago
MilindianaJones
Sorry, I'll forfeit. Do another one then I'll do it properly
Posted by Blade0886 9 months ago
Blade0886
I want it to be an organised debate, but I obviously forgot to lock the debate, allowing people to accept without invitation.
Posted by MilindianaJones 9 months ago
MilindianaJones
Look mate, it ain't matter. We can say whatever we want, it's an open debate. Let people know our viewpoints and don't get fussy.
Posted by Blade0886 9 months ago
Blade0886
Plus, I did say first round is for acceptance and definitions only. Therefore, you automatically surrender this debate to me due to not respecting the rules.
Posted by Blade0886 9 months ago
Blade0886
Hrum, if it wasn't clear enough, appliance must be made in comments first.
Vote Placed by lannan13 9 months ago
lannan13
Blade0886MilindianaJonesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con violated the rules.