ameyav
MaestroEvans

Time is not absolute.

ameyav

Pro

I like to make an argument(reasoning) about this topic

Maximum of 2,000 characters only per side.

definition:Time is a dimension in which events can be ordered from the past through the present into the future,[1][2][3][4][5][6] and also the measure of durations of events and the intervals between them.

Absoulute:free from imperfection; complete; perfect

*I will take the pro side and must prove that time is not absolute.My opponent will take the con side and prove that time is absolute.

Round 1 is for acceptance.

**good luck**

REFERENCE:
http://dictionary.reference.com...
MaestroEvans

Con

I accept! Now, tell the audience and I why time is not absolute.
ameyav

Pro

Thanks my friend :)

The line of reasoning that ends with "time is relative", starts with the postulate that the speed of light is the same for all observers. This postulate was itself based on the failure of certain experiments that were supposed to measure differences in the speed of light between observers.

This behavior of light is different from that of a baseball thrown by someone on a moving train. The speed of the ball depends upon the situation of the observer. Someone on the train would give one speed for the ball, while someone on the ground watching the train go by would give a different speed.

Speed is the ratio of space to time. If space and time are absolute, then the speed of light must be relative, depending upon the speed of the observer. The speed of light is absolute and does not depend upon the speed of the observer, therefore, either space or time must be relative. A more detailed algebraic calculation will show that both must be relative.

It is seen also through the work of Einstein and Michelson-Morley. These two guys measured the speed of light in different directions, expecting a difference due to the earth's motion through space. They didn't find any. And since velocity is distance over time, if the velocity didn't change but the distance did, the time had to change as well.

*Even two great men prove it.If you want to prove that time is absolute,you have to prove it through special evidence of scientific and mathematical equation.

I'm hoping for a good refute my friend :)

Reference:
http://www.physicsforums.com...
MaestroEvans

Con

MaestroEvans forfeited this round.
ameyav

Pro

ameyav forfeited this round.
MaestroEvans

Con

MaestroEvans forfeited this round.
Posted by MaestroEvans 4 years ago
MaestroEvans
After a thorough search on the matter, I have to say that I am very stupid for accepting this debate.
Posted by MaestroEvans 4 years ago
MaestroEvans