WARHEADMITCH
Rockylightning

Time is the ultimate evil

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

WARHEADMITCH

Pro

Good Morning, Afternoon or any other greeting depending on time.

My name is WARHEADMITCH and I shall be vouching for the pro side. That time is the ultimate evil and that it always will be the ultimate evil until the end of the universe and existence overall, unless you have some other religious belief that describes the end of the world and all life for that matter.

For my first point I will look at the matter from a kids point of view. Envision, you as a student in middle school and your teacher just set you an assignment to do which is due in say five days. Now five days as you all know is a measurement of time and though you know your subject fairly well you have other commitments that conflict with you doing the work and so as the due date draws closer and closer you feel as if it is not fair because you don't have enough time. now worst case scenario, you hand in your assignment unfinished and you end failing the assignment. Now after the assignment you blame your low score on the fact that you did not have enough time and it's because of time that you did not get a good score.

I will leave my debate like this for now and I will continue with it in the second round after my opponents has submitted his side of the argument
Rockylightning

Con

Good morning, afternoon or any greeting depending on time to you too.

Refutations:
On your example with the student:

While to the student time may have seemed evil, in reality the evil is his inability to manage his time and prioritize.

Time is a naturally occurring force of nature. You can't blame time for giving you a bad score on a project just as you cant blame a gravity for an apple that falls on your head.

Points:

-----
1. Without time, nothing would happen.
-----

1.
Imagine if by some catastrophic event, time just stopped right now. I would be sitting here with my argument unfinished and you would be doing something else in suspended animation. Time is essential for all chemical reactions, and movement of particles in the universe to occur. Without these, there is no Big Bang, No Galaxy Formation, No Planets, and ultimately no life. Pro-time, is pro-life. (This gives Pro Life a whole new meaning now)

I'll leave that for my opponent.

-Thanks for this interesting topic

WARHEADMITCH

Pro

Good morning, afternoon, evening or mid-night.

Now I accept my opponent's points and let me start off by saying, no of course time would not stop all of a sudden and no, this is not the topic. The topic is that time which is always and always will be existent is the ultimate evil and in rebuttal to my opponents argument "No Galaxy Formation, No Planets, and ultimately no life." time will create galaxies, planets and life will develop but on that same point time will also be the one thing that kills us all. Within time not only will the Human race become extinct but eventually stars that explode overtime will destroy that corresponding solar system. Same goes for our Sun. Eventually in time when the pressure of our Sun can no longer fight back against gravity it will collapse and explode taking all of the life in our solar system with it. It is only a matter of time before this happens.

Now think of it this way. You are a member of the team that sent the most recent satellite or spacecraft to one of the far planets in our solar system. Now say if we are thinking of Pluto that is around three year journey for the craft to reach Pluto with our current technology. Three years, again that is a measurement of time and you, the astronomer, have to wait three years to see some photos of Pluto and then another three years, six in total, for the craft to come back to earth. Now because of time you have to wait a total of six years. Then again, what if something goes wrong. For example when the craft is passing through the asteroid belt it hits an asteroid and is damaged and can no longer continue its journey to Pluto. This means that you have to wait another year or even more for another craft to be sent again.
Thank you for a great argument and good luck in future rounds.
-thanks for accepting my challenge too.
Rockylightning

Con

------
Refutations

1. Time stopping was a what-if scenario to prove that time is not evil. If time did stop then all the bad stuff I mentioned previously would happen.

2. You don't know that time is always and will always be existent but that isn't the point.

3. Sure time will be what destroys everything, but is this destruction evil? You did not define evil in the opening round. Evil: Morally bad or wrong. [1] Morals are relative to your personal philosophy, so evil has different meanings for everyone. You can't call death and destruction morally wrong because morals are subjective.

4. Your examples are irrelevant to to this debate. Here is a counter example: You are someone who enjoys life. Every second of life you experience you enjoy. You enjoy the passage of time because it means more of life. Therefore life is not evil, but for this person it is the greatest thing in existence. Time may seem evil at some times but it depends on the example you use.

-------
Conclusion:

-My opponent's examples are irrelevant and have counter examples which I have stated above.

-My opponent has not proven that time is morally wrong.

-My opponent has not successfully refuted my points.

-----

1. Dictionary.com
WARHEADMITCH

Pro

'not one of those people that won't accept when they have been defeated and so let me say to my opponent well done and i look forward to future debates with you.Unfortunately time has got the better of me and i was unable to come up with another argument. So well done and thank you for a great debate

WARHEADMITCH
Rockylightning

Con

Thanks for this debate warhead and welcome to the site.

Rocky out.
Posted by Rockylightning 6 years ago
Rockylightning
yeah
Posted by WARHEADMITCH 6 years ago
WARHEADMITCH
yes maybe another time....but next time you challenge me and to a good topic too OK?
Posted by Rockylightning 6 years ago
Rockylightning
good topic, maybe another time?
Vote Placed by Ninja_Tru 6 years ago
Ninja_Tru
WARHEADMITCHRockylightningTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded. However, Pro was on a really interesting thought when he said "time will create galaxies, planets and life will develop but on that same point time will also be the one thing that kills us all." Even though he didn't articulate this, it made me give him the lil "agree with after the debate" vote. I would have loved to see further development of that rabbit hole, and I think it would have turned this debate around. Is a hand that feeds but then slaps one that isn't evil?
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
WARHEADMITCHRockylightningTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded, well done Rocky.
Vote Placed by FREEDO 6 years ago
FREEDO
WARHEADMITCHRockylightningTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.