Mikal
iamanatheistandthisiswhy

Timothy(Aka Mestari) beat Ajab in this debate

Mikal
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Mikal

Pro

This is a simple debate

I am taking pro timothy, con is taking pro ajab.

Neither me nor my adversary shall provide arguments as to why either Timothy(Mestari) or Ajab won.

However Voters will

*All votes will contain an RFD as to why (pro - Timothy ) or (Con - ajab ) Won the debate. The debate will be determined by the judges who read and listen to the debate. If you feel timothy won vote for pro, if you feel ajab won vote for con.

first round is just acceptance only as there is no arguments in this debate and it will be decided by the content within the youtube video and the judges
iamanatheistandthisiswhy

Con

I accept may Ajab win.

Now I will go listen to the debate and hope my proxy did a good job.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 1 year ago
ESocialBookworm
Still funny.
Posted by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 2 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Boo to all the voters ;)
Posted by UchihaMadara 2 years ago
UchihaMadara
im not going to be earning my voting privileges in time to vote on this... but if i could vote, i would vote con because pro never really addressed con's is/ought objection; there is a big difference between showing that all human acts *are* selfish and showing that all human acts *should* be selfish, the latter being what objectivism dictates as an ethical theory. pro ended up affirming psychological egoism more than he did affirming objectivism, so his BOP goes unfulfilled, warranting a vote for con. very funny debate to watch.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
LOL, its ok I was doing it for fun anyway. And like say I did enjoy it.
Posted by Ajabi 2 years ago
Ajabi
I am so super pissed right now.
Posted by Ajabi 2 years ago
Ajabi
I am pissed, look at ddo forums. :P
I am sorry I cost you this iamanatheist
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
@Ajabi: LOL, it was a great debate though. I enjoyed it.
Posted by Ajabi 2 years ago
Ajabi
:P
Also I really do feel I won. Timothy had the burden of proof, and he did not give any positive arguments.
Posted by Ajabi 2 years ago
Ajabi
All the voters here suck!
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
This debate was funny as hell. We need more of these.

I am pretty close to forfeiting Ajab for severely violating debate parameters by going over time, speaking when it's not his turn, and delaying the beginning of each round. The cross examinations were fun but pretty messy/testosterone fuelled.

Ok so Lucky was trolling... But he put a reasonable case forth for Objectivism, although he wasted most of his first round by pre emoting arguments, as Ajab rightly points out. However Ajab misses the mark with virtually all his rebuttals, attacking irrelevancies such as 'a priori' etc, blatant ad homenum attacks on Ayn ad and (no excuse Ajab, they definitely were), and virtually the only substantial rebuttal by Con was the fact it would entail murder/paedophilia etc to be 'moral'. To which Pro rightly agreed 'Yeah, so?'

It seems the most substantial rebuttal was a subjective rather than objective one.

The other major rebuttal from Con was the is/ought 'fallacy', which I don't think Pro really addressed, other than to say that's what we want. If con pushed this point more precisely, and explained why the is/ought issue is substantial, then he would have win this debate.

But... He didn't, so args to Pro.
Vote Placed by Zaradi 2 years ago
Zaradi
Mikaliamanatheistandthisiswhy
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Sooooo yeah
Vote Placed by Ajabi 2 years ago
Ajabi
Mikaliamanatheistandthisiswhy
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: I will hold of voting because I am possibly biased.
Vote Placed by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
Mikaliamanatheistandthisiswhy
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Sorry IAAA... Comments
Vote Placed by JohnMaynardKeynes 2 years ago
JohnMaynardKeynes
Mikaliamanatheistandthisiswhy
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Given in comments.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Mikaliamanatheistandthisiswhy
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Timothy was hilarious and provided really good points to why he defeated Ajab.
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Mikaliamanatheistandthisiswhy
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: They were both great but I'm biased so I'm not gonna vote.