Titan - fall best game of 2014

Started: 3/18/2014 Category: Games

Do you think that Titanfall will be the best game of 2014?

Now, I'm not going to say that Titanfall will not be the best game of 2014 just because it's not on PlayStation 4. So, don't get a**hurt because I'm hating on the game. I'm not technically hating the game. I'm giving it criticism on what should have been done right.

Reason #1: It has A LOT OF COMPETITION!
Dude, other games are coming out that are competing against Titanfall. And guess what? They sound more promising than what Titanfall is right now. Dark Souls II, Destiny, Watch Dogs, The Division, The Crew, Batman Arkham Knight, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and so much more. These games sound like they have more value and more features. Titanfall is just multiplayer-only. I get the concept of multiplayer only. But, what Respawn fails to deliver is to give us something to fully replace the singleplayer.

Reason #2: It is DEFINITELY not the best game at all.
Yes, Titanfall is a good game. But, it's just not a GREAT game. The only thing that Titanfall exceeds in is movement and most of it's gameplay elements. That's it. The story is interesting, but it's UNDERDEVELOPED. The story is easily neglected as you're fighting mechs and bots. You won't give a crap about the characters that die on screen like that guy. I don't even know his name. That's how underdeveloped the story is. This game is not worth $60. I would probably price it at $40 at most. How can they price it at $60 when we're only getting a certain portion of the game? My biggest gripe about Titanfall is Respawn has missed SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES! I was looking forward to the customizable titans. Nope, can't have that. IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE PRIVATE MATCHES? WHAT THE F****************!!!!! It feels that this game was rushed out. Overall, this game is saved by it's parkour elements and it's fun of the game. I can understand that this game isn't perfect because Respawn is made up of 75 people. And that's extremely small compared to a studio like Ubisoft which has over 9,000 employees. I just hope that the next Titanfall is 3x better than this one because the Respawn studio has probably gained a lot of employees this year. They probably 200+ right now.

Reason #3: Destiny is coming out.
This goes hand in hand with reason #1, but I felt that this should be a reason of it's own. Destiny looks even MORE AWESOME than Titanfall. It's made by the legendary Bungie, and it had more of a development time. I think it started ever since after the release of Halo ODST. Destiny will dominate this year of FPS games hands down. Plus, it will sell more because it is on more consoles. I'm disappointed that Destiny is not PC, but oh well. I'm not going to buy a PC for ONE GAME! I mean that's just stupid.

My overall opinion: Now, just because I don't think that Titanfall will be the best game of 2014, doesn't mean it won't ever be. Maybe, all of the game I mentioned will turn out to be flops and fail. Maybe that could happen. Who knows? But, I really doubt it will be Game of the Year mainly because it has a lot of competition to go through.

I wish you good luck on this debate my friend.

Alrighty, I don't even care. I agree with you 100% I am expecting the new Wolfenstein game to be way better. I was just learning how to use the site. :)

I was just showing my sense on the topic. Plus, I was minimally disappointed because of how Respawn fails to deliver more content than parkour and mechs. Even though I dropped my expectations way down before release, I still didn't expect this little. Gameplay wise, this game is a 10/10. But, it lacks features, replayability, and story content. I think that Respawn put WAY TOO MUCH focus on their parkour mechanics and mechs.

MrRipples forfeited this round.

I will continue my argument and provide more equitable reasons on why Titanfall will not be the best game of 2014.

Reason #4: The story and atmosphere is bland and generic

Yeah, people in a battlefield jumping around, riding in titans, and doing parkour sounds AWESOME. But, the whole story behind it is very generic. The story is so neglectable. Nobody knows what the **** is happening when you have titans destroying your team. Also, it's the same scenario when you go into the map every level. Dropship - Dropoff - Capture the Objective - You lose - Go to the pickup ship - Escape. Or, Dropship - Dropship - Capture the Objective - You win - Kill enemies before they escape - Dropship escapes. It's the same for every level except, for some levels, there's some minor differences.

Reason 4.5: Whatever you do does not change the story

This is a really valid point because I'm sick of losing when me and my team was absolutely dominating. My team were against noobs and we wrecked them HARD. But, we still lost because it was "part of the story." No matter what you do, you will either lose or win depending on what team you're in and that is not good. It feels cheap and lazy. It feels as if Respawn said **** it! Just add the story in just for the heck of it.

Reason #5: The graphics aren't that great.

This is not that valid because, first of all, graphics doesn't matter more than gameplay and Titanfall exceeds in gameplay. But, people take graphics in a sense where they think that every game has to look "realistic." Second of all, this game wasn't mean't to look "realistic." Even though, graphics aren't that important to me and you maybe, that doesn't mean that it's not important to everyone else. People will literally miss out on games that has amazing gameplay, features, story content, almost everything else except graphics.

Reason #6: People are pissed off at this game (PlayStation fanboys)

Yep, it's true. People are so pissed at the sheer fact that it's not on PlayStation 4. I mean, literally, this guy said he has a PC to buy Titanfall, but he said he's not going to buy it just because it's not on PS4. MORON!

Reason #6.5: A lot of those people who had over the top high expectations for this game are "disappointed"

I knew people were going to be disappointed. That wasn't even my fault. People were setting themselves up for disappointment and it's their fault. Every time a new game is coming out, people have these expectations that's nearly impossible to achieve and if that game doesn't exceed them (even though it's a good game in general) they will become disappointed.
Posted by carrot13 2 years ago
Titanfall is good but it needs to have more destructible terrain and burn cards are too over powered
Posted by Krieg01 2 years ago
I don't think that Titanfall will be the best game of 2014 but it is a good game!
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Concession and uncontested arguments.