Dishoungh
edibleshrapnel

Titanfall is best shooter of all time.

Dishoungh
Started: 4/15/2014 Category: Games

Dishoungh

Con

Hello, I will be acting against this debate topic. In this round, I will set up rules and regulations for this debate that you must follow to the letter:

First Round: Acceptance and Greetings - Just simply say "I accept the challenge."

Second Round: Thesis + Introductive Arguments Supporting Thesis - You are required to formulate a thesis statement and conduct arguments supporting your thesis statement. Separate your thesis and your arguments.

Third Round: Arguments and/or Rebuttals - Rebuttals are required. If you have more arguments to state, you are free to do so, but separate your arguments from your rebuttals.

Fourth Round: Rebutting the Rebuttals - You will no longer post additional arguments supporting your thesis. In this round, you are required to post rebuttals. It's just more rebuttals simply put.

Fifth Round: Conclusions and Salutations - This round will require you to type ONE PARAGRAPH ONLY (3-5 sentences). You will no longer state any more arguments or rebuttals. In this round, you will restate your overall opinion of the debate into 3-4 sentences. Plus, you will be required to type a 1-2 sentence closing of your participation of the debate.

Other Rules:
1. No insulting, trolling, or anything that will offend a participant of the debate like calling him "stupid" or a "dumb***" or something like that.
2. No Rich Text. Use normal text only.
3. For you arguments, you must give at least 2 sources.
4. For your arguments, provide at least 3 reasons.
5. Of course, I didn't cover everything in regards to rules. So, me, as the instigator, I have the ability to add and change the rules at any time of the debate just in case if I forget to put some in because I'm tired. It's 11:32 P.M and I'm bored. So, that's all the rules I think.

WARNING: When the contestant of the debate fails to follow ANY of the regulations of the debate shown above, it will result in an automatic 7-point deduction. Of course, these rules also apply to me as well. Will Pro accept the challenge?
edibleshrapnel

Pro

I accept the challenge, but I am an impatient fellow with a lot of time on my hands so I will begin. First of all, it would have been nice for you to provide some insight into your statement, it would give me a platform to debate on, In spite of this, I shall down the cold facts. Shooter is a very broad category, which case games are designed to test speed and reaction time of a participant. It would have been less narrow minded had you said "first person shooter". Anyway, Titanfall in my opinion is an unoriginal piece of sci-fi garbage that contains the same principle of basically every other first person shooter, only things separating it from anything other first person shooter is the parkour and the robot suits. I believe call of duty world at war was the best first person shooter, the real life events combined with overly-dramatic campaigns and missions resulted in one hell of play. Explain to me what makes Titanfall better then its predecessors.
Dishoungh

Con

I was about to rebut against Pro's argument, but regulations say that we aren't allowed to rebut until round 3. Plus, Pro has broken the rule in the first round. Pro was not supposed to state his arguments in the first round. Therefore, it results him into a 7-point deduction. Now, I shall begin.

Thesis: Titanfall is a good online shooter and it's fun, but it just didn't bring enough for it to renown itself as the greatest shooter.

I will show my reasons on why Titanfall is not the best shooter of all time.

Reason #1: Titanfall is already boring
People are already getting bored of Titanfall. You see, this happens with almost every shooter. It comes out, everybody gets hyped until their brains explode, they play for a couple of weeks, and they get bored. What's even sad is, usually, Call of Duty gets boring after a couple of months in it's life cycle. Titanfall barely made it through a month. When this game first came out, everybody was excited. Here we are, April 16, 2014, and we're already bored of it. Some people are still in that "honeymoon" phase because they really love the game or they don't play it as much, or they just got the game. IT'S JUST BORING! That's it. Every match doesn't have any variety to them other than some small differences. You go into the map from a dropship, kill a couple of people, you lose, go back to the dropship. There's no variety. Yeah, there's DLC coming out which will hype up some people again, but that "honeymoon" phase will slip through quickly.

http://www.gamefaqs.com...
https://www.youtube.com...

2. The story is bland and underdeveloped.
You will not care for the characters or what's going on in the game other than people shooting at you. Characters will die and you will just ask "Who are you?" Now, I see the potential in the story. Titans and a militia group fighting for their territory. That sounds AWESOME! I saw the potential there, but the execution was done poorly. Every mission is the same. Go in the map and kill some people. It would be cool to have some variety in the mission like A STEALTH MISSION IN MULTIPLAYER! That right there would be revolutionary.

3. People are pissed off at this game.
You know who they are. It's those PlayStation fanboys that cripple this game. Plus, there is a bunch of them. They are against the fact that Titanfall is just a good game. There are other people that pissed off at this game other than PS fanboys. It's those people who had overly high expectations for this game. It's those same people who intentionally search for flaws and they complain about it when they find that one flaw. Don't get me wrong, I was kind of disappointed myself. But, it didn't disappoint me that much and my disappointment wasn't extreme.

http://www.gamefaqs.com...
edibleshrapnel

Pro

Ha, when I initially read the debate title. I thought that YOU were proposing that it is the best shooter of all time. Way to confuse me, man. I completely agree with you, Titanfall is trash. For future reference, don't make elaborate rules, most people are just looking to make a point or amuse themselves, this site isn't a remake of phoenix wright you know :).
Dishoungh

Con

Pro has openly admitted to my arguments. Therefore, it is apparent that I am the clear victor of this debate. But, however; I will continue to address my arguments supporting my thesis and I will start my rebuttals.

Arguments 4-5

4. Titanfall didn't get as much praise as the best current shooters out there. The average review score for Titanfall on the Xbox One is 86. Whereas, Grand Theft Auto is a 97. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's average score is 92. That's the PC version. MW3's average score is 88, just slightly above Titanfall's 86. As far as I've seen, the total amount of sales are 650,000 copies. I know these aren't true, but I haven't seen any sale numbers of Titanfall that's relatively current. I do know that the sale numbers are probably not even near Black Ops 2 sale numbers which is more than 21 million copies.

5. Simply put, it's just another shooter.
Think about it, what else does Titanfall have besides Titans, guns, and parkour? *Cricket noise*....NOTHING!!! Titanfall fails to bring anything else other than its parkour and mech gameplay. After a while, that stuff gets boring and it's already boring.

Now, I shall start my rebuttals

REBUTTALS:

In the beginning, pro was acting as if he were against the topic instead of for. Probably, pro thought he was against the topic. But, still, he still failed to pay attention of his actions, broke some rules, and didn't even formulate a thesis. Therefore, pro has lost the debate, but that doesn't mean we will stop here at mid-debate. We will continue our rebuttals even though pro has acknowledged his defeat.

Rules Update:
All rules will be discarded for further rounds.
edibleshrapnel

Pro

Stop talking like some damn newscaster during prime time. And I am not acknowledging defeat, I openly admitted to misunderstanding your platform. You must really hate Titanfall.
Dishoungh

Con

"Stop talking like some damn newscaster during prime time. And I am not acknowledging defeat, I openly admitted to misunderstanding your platform. You must really hate Titanfall."

First of all, it was clearly established that I stated that Titanfall is a good game in general back at Round 2. ("Thesis: Titanfall is a good online shooter and it's fun, but it just didn't bring enough for it to renown itself as the greatest shooter.")

Second of all, you have acknowledged your defeat because you've agreed to my arguments being true. Therefore, you've failed to defend your place as "Pro." Pro, as I've heard billions of times is the participant in a debate that is for a debate topic. So, that means, you're supposed to defend Titanfall as the best shooter of all time like the topic states. But, however; you failed to do so. Therefore, you have lost the entire debate ever since Round 1. So, it wasn't my fault that you misunderstood the content of the first round. Your misunderstanding of the content was YOUR downfall. You shouldn't have "thought" anything. You were supposed to know what you're going into before you signed up. READ THE FINE PRINT!
edibleshrapnel

Pro

I did not state that it was your fault that I misunderstood what I read. You sir need to :
1. take a chill pill
2. acknowledge that I acknowledge that I lost the debate. I was trigger happy and pressed the "accept debate" button before realizing you were contradictory to that of the title.
3. stop debating, I am not defending myself or the game, you have this motive instilled into you to prove that Titanfall is unsatisfactory, well congratulations, you continued to irrelevantly argue in spite of my apologies. Good day.
Dishoungh

Con

Next time, read about what you're signing up for.
edibleshrapnel

Pro

A thousand pardons.
Posted by edibleshrapnel 3 years ago
edibleshrapnel
Criticism, pardon my grammar.
Posted by edibleshrapnel 3 years ago
edibleshrapnel
Yes, I found my opponents critisizm tedious.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
@Actionspeak, As far as conduct points are concerned, they can be judged based off of outside factors. It's not uncommon for people to vote down conduct based on what occurs in the comment section. His conduct was bad, he should be penalized for it. To be fair I'll give a vote on arguments as well. The conduct point is the one point that can be assessed by outside factors. There is a huge precedent for this. He brought the conduct point votes on himself, for his behavior anyway.
Posted by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
You're being votebombed because you made a poll about this, the poll should be reported the votes have nothing to do with the actual debate.
Posted by Dishoungh 3 years ago
Dishoungh
What was stupid?
Posted by Fanath 3 years ago
Fanath
That was kind of stupid...
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
DishounghedibleshrapnelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins debate, but had really poor conduct.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
DishounghedibleshrapnelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct point for poll. Pro concedes.
Vote Placed by Anon_Y_Mous 3 years ago
Anon_Y_Mous
DishounghedibleshrapnelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Why did you make a poll?
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
DishounghedibleshrapnelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argued as con, and then conceded.