Imhellspawn2
Krazzy_Player

Titanic Vs Avatar

Krazzy_Player
Started: 3/2/2014 Category: Movies

Imhellspawn2

Pro

I think titanic is the better of the two movies
Krazzy_Player

Con

I accept. State your case
Imhellspawn2

Pro

Titanic is way better than Avatar because it depicts history while avatar depicts blue creatures running around

State your case
Krazzy_Player

Con

Rebuttals

"Titanic depicts history."
Most of the story in the movie "Titanic" is not real history including the love story of "Jack" and "Rose". [1]

"Avatar depicts blue creatures running around."
It's way more than that. Avatar is a Science fiction adventure movie which shows the possibility of another planet which may sustain life.The graphics used were amazing. The movie was the highest gross earning film ever in the box office.[2][3]

Reasons Why "Avatar" is better than "Titanic"

1. Highest box office collection.
2. The technology used in the production of "Avatar" beats "Titanic".
3. The graphics effects was amazing in "Avatar".
4. A number of innovative visual effects were introduced.
5. The movie has won 3 Empire awards,9 Academy awards, 3 Golden Globe awards and many more.[3]

[1]http://www.chasingthefrog.com...
[2]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3]http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com...
Imhellspawn2

Pro

Reasons why Titanic Is way better than avatar

1.Titanic Garnered 11 Oscars
2.Titanic is a fictional story but it depicts history as well due to the sinking of titanic
3.Titanic" was nominated for 14 Academy Awards, and it won 11 of them. Both of these are records that have yet to be broken by any film. "Avatar" can never beat this, as it was only nominated for 9. "Titanic" won every technical award (minus Best Makeup), Best Picture, and Best Director, and it was nominated for two acting awards, including Best Actress (Kate Winslet) and Best Supporting Actress (Gloria Stuart...the old lady). "Avatar" has been nominated for its technical categories, which it clearly has earned, and Best Director and Best Picture. No acting awards.

4."Titanic" is a movie like no other. Everyone and their mother (literally) has seen it. When it hit theaters, those young and old went to see it. A film that spans all age demographics is impressive, and I can't say I know of any other film that has done this. "Avatar" sure has a lot of hype, but I can assure you my grandmother isn't going to see it. Now to achieve this box office record, "Titanic" was in theaters for months longer than most films. In fact, I've read that it was re-released into some theaters after awards season, and it came out on video while it was still out in theaters. That's the kind of demand it had.

5.Avatar had the same director as titanic but There were one part that is like the movie titanic look at video

1.http://en.wikipedia.org...
2.http://annoyingmovieguy.blogspot.com...
3.
Krazzy_Player

Con

Disclaimer

1. Pro's source numbered 1 is actual history of the ship RMS Titanic.
2. Most of the arguments made by Pro i.e Argument 3 & 4 is directly copied from his source numbered 2. This I believe is "Plagiarism".

Award Comparison
The award comparison of "Titanic" and "Avatar" can be done from these sources. [1][2]

Avatar V/s Titanic

1. The story line of the movie "Titanic" is predictable as it is inspired by the true incident of the disaster of the ship RMS Titanic where as the movie "Avatar" is unpredictable. There is chills and thrills in every part of the movie.

2. Every character of the movie "Avatar" is unique i.e Navi ( Fictous Indigenous people of the planet "Pandora") and animals (of the planet "Pandora"). These characters are dynamic and incomparable.

3. The "visual" effects is amazing especially the view of "Flying mountains", the view of the whole new imaginary planet "Pandora" is amazing, the fight sequence and many more.

4. The music in this show is just terrific. It really helps build on emotions, and also is really good at setting the mood.

5. The innovative "graphic" and "visual" effects were introduced. The 3D view is really amazing.

Though both movies are good, "Avatar" is better in many ways as stated above. It has the highest collection in the box office records, better story line, better "visual" effects, better "graphic" effects, dynamic characterisation etc.

Thus "Avatar" movie is definitely better in many ways. It is the movie of the decade which passed the record of "Titanic" in many fields.

[1]http://www.imdb.com...
[2]http://www.imdb.com...
[3]http://www.cinemablend.com...

Posted by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Titanic was cute but Avatar had better graphics and action.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
Imhellspawn2Krazzy_PlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con due to Pro's direct plagarism - you have quote those things. Sources go to Con as well, since most of the sources from Pro provide him no benefit whatsoever (and neither does the video). So I'm left with arguments, and I'm not sure why I'm giving it to the guy who said "avatar depicts blue creatures running around." I think the major problem is that no one defined for me by the end of the debate what were the major issues that my decision rested upon. If I'd heard some reasoning as to why high box office and new and awesome production values are important (especially the latter, since it may have set the standard for a tremendous number of movies to come), my vote would be going Con. But as I don't see that, I base my decision off of the one thing both of you view as important: awards. Pro pointed out that Titanic has won more, and that they were more substantial. Ergo, my vote tips to him, however slightly.
Vote Placed by WilliamsP 3 years ago
WilliamsP
Imhellspawn2Krazzy_PlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I must say.
Vote Placed by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
Imhellspawn2Krazzy_PlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct and arguments go to Con for plagiarism by Pro in the third round. Please let it be noted by Pro that just because you may cite a source does not give you the right to copy everything they say verbatim. S&G were equally fine. Both sides showed equally fine sources that fit their proper arguments. In this type of debate, I'm not entirely sure there is a "reliable" source other than what each side showed.
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Imhellspawn2Krazzy_PlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is a really tough debate to decide on in terms of arguments made as they both are persuasive. However as Con showed (and I checked) two of Pros arguments pointed out were plagiarized. As such Con has to get argument points. Additionally, Conduct goes to Con for this plagiarism by Pro. Other points are shared, even though I was leaning towards Con for source points.