BackSeatPreacher
Freddy.Kruger

Tithing IS for the new testament church

Freddy.Kruger has forfeited round #2.

BackSeatPreacher

Con

Follower you are NOT allowed in this debate, dont screw this one up thank you..
I am AGAINST the teaching of tithes to the new testament church. I am looking for somebody who believes tithing IS for the new testament church. I am busy at work so my responses may be slow at times thank you.
Freddy.Kruger

Pro

church is for suckers
BackSeatPreacher

Con

you should start that debate, no need to come in to this one and soil the carpet
Posted by BackSeatPreacher 5 months ago
BackSeatPreacher
Nice! You got that right brother! Iron sharpening iron! I have benefited from the shadow perspective in many ways! It caused me to look more closely into that particular aspect and has helped other unrelated subjects of study immensely and has forever enhanced everything! I am currently starting a move and building a worship center on some new property. No its not like it sounds with earth equipment everywhere, no it will be one step at a time with no debt.. My time is a little constricted but I will still be stopping in from time to time.. Thanks! Keep up the great work!
Posted by Lacrutos 5 months ago
Lacrutos
I hope this is comforting advice:

Psalm 139:16
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

God has me and you exactly where we are meant to be.
Posted by BackSeatPreacher 5 months ago
BackSeatPreacher
Awesome! I didnt know there was friend requests on here, Nice!.. Your age was never a stumbling block as much as it was a measurement of comparison to how much farther advanced you are then I was when I was 26. I was like a baby doo doo in my pants in comparison LoL I wished I was that well skilled at wielding the sword at 26, where would I be now I can only imagine. Thanks!
Posted by Lacrutos 5 months ago
Lacrutos
Hebrews 10:26-27
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

My intention was to point out that you stated "I said (typed) stuff" that was never stated. I took every word you gave me seriously and that is why I constantly quote the things being stated. However I fell into the rut a few times myself using my own understanding instead of scripture. Something I will take to Christ for more learning.

Fire burns up the Wood, Hay, and Stubble within us all including False accusations and refines the Gold and Silver (True Treasure of God). This Judgement is also on me as it is on you, God Willing, if we are the Elect, the Over-comers.

1 Peter 4:17
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

1 Corinthians 12-15
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

I hope my age was never a stumbling block:

Colossians 3:17
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

I give thanks for God revealing everything he has to me, and you, in Christ.

I will send a friend request to you on here and hopefully we can, God Willing, learn from each other. As you stated:

Proverbs 27:17
17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Posted by BackSeatPreacher 5 months ago
BackSeatPreacher
LoL There is no confusion to say Christ is the tithe, I said that about 10 pages ago, but I am glad that we have made our way back around to it. So I give you my review..
Your scripture knowledge and your ability to use it seems to me way beyond a typical 26 year old and I must say I admire your ability to wield the sword. As far as the observed depth of personal relationship with the King I would rate at 26 yrs old and that is not bad, but here is where I make that observation. A key statement was made about every idle word being spoken of, etc, and then the warning to be careful.. This statement alone tells all about the depth of relation, a relationship based primarily on certain scriptures alone, but let us add this next scripture and it adds new meaning to the idle word scripture. Instead of mentioning this next verse, you said be careful like there is something to be afraid of, or I call it the baseball bat mentality.
Romans 9:15 For He says to Moses: "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." 16 So then, it does not depend on man"s desire or effort, but on God"s mercy."
Nevertheless, I have benefited from our conversation and over all, you did very well, I am impressed. Your ability to wield the sword makes you a great asset to the Kingdom, keep up the good work..
Proverbs 27:17
Thanks!
Posted by Lacrutos 5 months ago
Lacrutos
I hope you can see how it is also confusing how I can say Christ is the Tithe just as well as Christ is the Sabbath Rest even though the Sabbath rest was a day and not a person just as a tithe dealt in its 3 types but no longer does.

Christ is the Tithe

Christ is the Sabbath Rest
Posted by Lacrutos 5 months ago
Lacrutos
You Stated:
"So far here is what I perceive your concept of tithing to be.. Tithe or die? Because the spirit is life and carnal is death, to tithe is to be spiritual and not to tithe is to be carnal.."

I am in fact stating the exact opposite. To tithe is to be Carnal and is Death because it deals with the old Law which was the Law of sin and Death by nothing was made perfect. I can see now that I have done harm in confusing you with the Word tithe. This tithe and all the Old Law is replaced with Christ in you the Hope of Glory and is a new Law as stated in this verse:

Romans 8:2
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The New law is the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.

You have brought up another good example of the Old Laws stating:

You showed me Matthew 11:28
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

What does entering that rest mean?

Hebrews 4:9
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

These verses shows why you no longer adhere to the old law (shadow) Sabbath since Entering his Rest (which is Christ in you, the Hope of Glory) is the new Sabbath, which is now fulfilled. The Sabbath was not abolished it is just now Fulfilled, same concept concerning tithing.

If you enter his rest you cease from your works, why is this important?

Galatians 2:20
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It is no longer you working BUT Christ working in you, you have died but Christ is Alive in you doing his works.
Posted by BackSeatPreacher 5 months ago
BackSeatPreacher
Good morning! Today I need to be out and about for a while so I had some thoughts about the complete silliness of todays tithing teaching.. Matthew 11:28

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
After you pay 10% of your increase because if you dont, then God will send the devour-er, you will be cursed with a curse, and you will now be a thief and a criminal and even the enemy of God and on your way to hell. LoL
Talk about shake down.. Kind of like the nasty government, LoL The government says give me 15% or the government will become the devour-er call you a thief and a criminal, and possibly send you to jail.
But if I am not mistaken, I believe that you do not believe there are any consequences, well actually, LoL I still dont know what you believe, its obscure like its some kind of image that I cant line up accurately with the shadows because then you would have 3 different tithings with 3 different sets of rules that come from who knows where, LoL hopefully I can learn that today.

So far here is what I perceive your concept of tithing to be.. Tithe or die? Because the spirit is life and carnal is death, to tithe is to be spiritual and not to tithe is to be carnal.. Therefore the consequences of not tithing is simply to die a spiritual death..? Tithe or die?
Posted by BackSeatPreacher 5 months ago
BackSeatPreacher
occasionally I pop back while I am working as new things cross my mind.. I am not trying to catch you in a trap.. I am trying to point out the horrendous damage to the kingdom that the most common teachings of tithing today cause. Thats where I come up with the serpent school. Tithing has a chilling effect on a worship service, I can break down all the details if u like, but one real quick example is the introduction of financial risk to a worship service. Financial risk has no place in a worship service because it is corruption and is the primary tool the enemy uses to suppress worship services. I can share that information with you if you are interested.
Posted by BackSeatPreacher 5 months ago
BackSeatPreacher
Which essentially is pay 10% or you are a thief and on your way to hell, so uplifting isnt it?
LoL