jodiea01
CaitieMScarlett

To Abort or Not To Abort

jodiea01

Con

I deeply believe that abortion is murder. I believe there is one case where an abortion is okay and that is rape. I wouldn't want to bring up a child and have to tell it I didn't want it I was abused and sexually trespassed to conceive it.

However abortion is still murder. If you was in the right frame of mind you wouldn't kill someone because you thought they were a burden and didn't think you were able to look after it would you?

Nowadays so many other options are open to you. You wouldn't kill a life that has been bought to this world so why kill one that hasn't? Do they not have a life to live? How can you never give someone a chance to prove what they could be? If you conceived it through consensual sex then the baby is yours and if you take it's life away your taking away the Christmas's where you see them liven up for a day to see what they have really wanted. You miss the chance to see all the birthdays they will have had, had they been alive. You could put it into adoption if you really felt the need to. By doing this the baby wouldn't be a "burden" on your life.

I know that someone may think if you have under age sex and fall pregnant then you should have an abortion it's the only option. Now I'm not here to ridicule the vast majority of our countries teenagers as I am a teenager myself however they knew the consequences of having sex. You can't use the excuse it was an accident because they wasn't just casually walking around naked and they fell onto each other and thus a child was conceived. What happened was they got into bed being a sexually aroused teen and "did the jig" and she got pregnant. That's the harsh reality of it in which case they shouldn't be having sex under 16 anyway so that's illegal so they did the crime so they'll do the time the whole 9 months of it and if they don't want a child after it's has been given life then there is adoption for a reason.

I am defiantly pro-life and that's my opinion!
CaitieMScarlett

Pro

I'm not going to lie, i didn't mean to click this and I can't see a way to leave the debate, apologies.
You make some true points, but you are assuming that teenagers who have sex are irresponsible, personally I believe there should not be an age on sex, an age at which it is decided OK you can have sex now, I think you should have sex when you feel ready. But why is it that if a teenage girl got pregnant by possibly just having sex with her boyfriend that she is ,as you put it, 'punished' by giving birth to a child when the father could simply walk away? Why is it always the woman's for getting pregnant? Two people were needed to conceive the child. Also I think it is the woman's choice whether or not she adopts, keeps, or aborts no one can decide what they would do in that situation until they were in it. You must consider the fact that if she kept the baby it would affect the rest of her life, she would have to leave school and raise the child, most likely not with the most stable home as at that age you are still growing up yourself.
jodiea01

Con

jodiea01 forfeited this round.
CaitieMScarlett

Pro

CaitieMScarlett forfeited this round.
jodiea01

Con

jodiea01 forfeited this round.
CaitieMScarlett

Pro

CaitieMScarlett forfeited this round.
jodiea01

Con

jodiea01 forfeited this round.
CaitieMScarlett

Pro

CaitieMScarlett forfeited this round.
jodiea01

Con

jodiea01 forfeited this round.
CaitieMScarlett

Pro

CaitieMScarlett forfeited this round.