To Ensure A Safe School Environment, Licensed And Trained Teachers Ought To Carry Handguns

I see you are against teachers possessing handguns on school grounds. I would like to debate this topic.

Round Structure
R2-Opening Arguments
R4-Defense of Arguments and Closing Statements

I'll respond as fast as I can, but I'm about to be in a tournament, so I'm kind of busy.

I believe that allowing more students and teachers to carry guns into school only lead to more death.Why should we allow children to have guns?According to the U.S..secret service there is about 37incidents occur during 1974-2000 committed by 41 school shooter,And since Sandy Hook Elementary shooting there is 74 school shooting more around the country,The US.Secret.Service says that school shooting increase every decades.And there is a difference between time period where we have gun control and time period where we don't have gun control.Around 1998-2004 ,we have fun control and there is only 13 mass shooting occur.

Thank you for accepting the debate! I look forward to a fun exchange of ideas. I will now make my opening argument.

Contention 1 Police response times are too slow
A good police response time is about 9.5 minutes.
"The Department of Justice, with their statistical prowess, reports that the best response time is 4 minutes and the worst over 1 hour."[1]
This is far too long, though.
" The average interaction time between a criminal and his victim is 90 seconds"[1]
Armed with this knowledge, we can deduce that any other police statistic would be ineffectual in this situation, as they would arrive far too late to be effective in a school shooting. Sheriff Chuck Wright of Spartanburg, S.C., says, “Don’t be so naive to believe the police can be everywhere.”
Contention 2 When properly trained teachers have firearms, lives are saved.
There are many examples of this, but the most prevalent is the Pearl High School shooting in 1997, where Luke Woodham (testified to be a Satanist) stabbed his mother to death, then killed two and injured seven at his school [2]. He was fortunately stopped by a man named Joe Myrick, though, when he went to his truck, got his Colt .45, and held Luke at gunpoint until the police arrived. [3] If Myrick had not kept his gun there, Pearl High School would have surely been one of the worst school shootings in history. Woodham was armed with a Marlin Model 336 .30-30-caliber rifle rifle and a knife. He kept spare ammunition and could have caused immense damage if he had not have been stopped.
Contention 3 Gun free zones
They suck. They just don't work."Since 2009, only 8 percent of mass public shootings have occurred in places where civilians are allowed to defend themselves." [4] The study in the PDF is a rebuttal to the Everytown For Gun Safety Study, which has been pretty much destroyed. This means that over 9 out of every 10 shootings happen in gun-free zones. Gun-free zones are completely flawed, as they rely on the assumption that gun wielding criminals will follow the law, which, as their name implies, they do not. All gun-free zones do is take firearms from law abiding citizens and invite criminals to a place where they know nobody will defend themselves.
I thank Con for this debate and await his opening argument.
4. (the study can be accessed from this website by clicking the phrase "CPRC showed") I don't know how to get the PDF URL.

Yeah,you might be half right.But hand in guns to students,it's possible that the students themselves could become a shool shooter.An example such as Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting which the gunman killed 20 people.According to the U.S.Secret.Service reports says that most of those school shooter has obtain guns legally.And there are some students,who have mental illness,and if they have guns,it could be possible that they can kill people.zi think the best way to stop school shooting,is to stop bullying.Carrying guns would not be the best idea,because there will always be mass shooting happens.

Thanks Con. I think you misread the resolution though. The resolution has absolutely nothing to do with students carrying guns. I guess I'll rebut what you said, though, since I passionately disagree with much of it.
Because of your disorganized statement, I will rebut your claims as you mention them.
1) "But hand in guns to students,it's possible that the students themselves could become a school shooter."
This has nothing to do with the resolution, so if the readers want my opinion on it, they can see stefannoi's opinion argument about it.
2) "An example such as Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting which the gunman killed 20 people"
The shooter at Sandy Hook Elementary School was not a teacher or a student.

3) "According to the U.S.Secret.Service reports says that most of those school shooter has obtain guns legally"
It doesn't matter how the guns are obtained. Teachers with firearms have a better chance of combating school shooters than the unarmed populous does.
4) "And there are some students,who have mental illness,and if they have guns,it could be possible that they can kill people.zi think the best way to stop school shooting,is to stop bullying"
This, again, has nothing to do with the presented resolution.
5) "zi think the best way to stop school shooting,is to stop bullying"
This also has nothing to do with the presented resolution.
6) "Carrying guns would not be the best idea,because there will always be mass shooting happens."
This may be the only coherent argument in your R2 statement. Unfortunately, the argument works in my favor. As you said, mass shootings will always happen, because criminals (by definition) don't follow gun-free laws. It makes sense to let the people defend themselves from an unavoidable event.
In conclusion, Pro made no arguments to negate the resolution, and completely forgot spellcheck.

I can give you some videos about people who are against guns.Anti-guns advocates argue that countries with most gun control,is the most safest place.

Look, I don't think you really get "debate." Or this resolution. I will use my own videos to rebut to yours, though, as I figure that might be fun.

To the readers: Con dropped all of my contentions and did not make a single coherent argument of his own. Your vote should go Pro for that reason alone, if not for Con's numerous grammar errors and my citing of legitimate sources.

Just for fun, though I will caounter Con's video with a few of my own (the study can be accessed by clicking the phrase "CPRC showed")dunno how to get the PDF URL.

The power to tax involves the power to destroy;...the power to destroy may defeat and render useless the power to create...."-- Chief Justice John Marshall, 1819.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."-- Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."-- Mahatma Gandhi

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficient... The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding."-- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."-- Barry Goldwater

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."-- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."-- Constitutional scholar Joseph Story, 1840

"The bearing of arms is the essential medium through which the individual asserts both his social power and his participation in politics as a responsible moral being..."-- J.G.A. Pocock, describing the beliefs of the founders of the U.S.

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest.-- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks."-- Thomas Jefferson, writing to his teenaged nephew.

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.-- 16 Am. Jur. Sec. 177 late 2d, Sec 256

"The state calls its own violence `law', but that of the individual `crime'"-- Max Stirner

"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."-- Peter Venetoklis

...Virtually never are murderers the ordinary, law-abiding people against whom gun bans are aimed. Almost without exception, murderers are extreme aberrants with lifelong histories of crime, substance abuse, psychopathology, mental retardation and/or irrational violence against those around them, as well as other hazardous behavior, e.g., automobile and gun accidents."-- Don B. Kates, writing on statistical patterns in gun crime

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."-- John F. Kennedy

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them."-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story of the John Marshall Court

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."-- George Washington, in a speech of January 7, 1790

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."-- Senator Richard Henry Lee, 1788, on "militia" in the 2nd Amendment

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.]-- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.-- Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.-- "Political Disquisitions", a British republican tract of 1774-1775

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere.-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Abigail Adams, 1787

& what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 5 1788

Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defence? Where is the difference between having our arms in our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defence be the *real* object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 9 1788

Quotes from:

But some people argue that countries with most gun control ,are far less violent than the U.S.Here are some table statistics,that I will show you.
Posted by TheOpinionist 1 year ago
Posted by TheOpinionist 1 year ago
Thanks to TGambit for the vote! Always nice to get a vote (especially one in your favor)
Posted by TheOpinionist 1 year ago
stephannoi, did you look at any of the links or quotes I posted?
Posted by TheOpinionist 1 year ago
In my opinion, at least
Posted by TheOpinionist 1 year ago
As long as the gun is secure, it can be in the classroom
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
That is true, I think they should be allowed to have guns at school. Well in the car, but it might not happen even thoughit should.
Posted by TheOpinionist 1 year ago
All the police do is show up late in these situations. And every notable time that a teacher had a gun during a school shooting, lives were saved.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
I do to, I think teachers should be able to have guns once that happens. It would save human lives.
Posted by TheOpinionist 1 year ago
I mean if they've been screened by psychologists and cleared by multiple professionals, I don't see the problem with it.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
Vote Placed by TGambit 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: well played