To be any part of LGBT means that person has a mental disorder.

missbailey8 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

I will be arguing that to be gay, bi, lesbian, transgendered, or any other form of the LGBT community means that person also has a mental disorder. For round one please state your position and any definitions you wish to establish.
Mental disorder: "A mental disorder is a syndrome characterized by clinically significant disturbance in an individual's cognition, emotion regulation, or behavior that reflects a dysfunction in the psychological, biological, or developmental processes underlying mental functioning."

I accept this debate and the definition given. Good luck to my opponent. As he failed to set up any rules to the debate, I'll put these in place.

Round 1 - Acceptance
Round 2 - Opening Statements
Round 3 - Rebuttals
Round 4 - Defense

1) No kritiks
2) No plagiarism
3) No forfeitures
4) No troll arguments
5) BoP is on Pro

I accept the rules and apologize for neglecting to establish them.

At our basic human nature our primary purpose as animals is to survive and insure the survival of our species. If a person is a homosexual it is biologically impossible for that person to reproduce thus contradicting their basic human instincts it is because of this that I view homosexuality as a mental disorder as it is a clear "dysfunction in the... biological function". Now I do not believe homosexuality is morally wrong as I myself am bisexual, however I do feel it is a disorder much like a sociopath in the sense that there is nothing inherently wrong with being a sociopath it is only wrong when that sociopath commits a murder. To be a classified with any of the LGBT characteristics is a mental disorder and that is not a bad thing.
Posted by Iacov 3 weeks ago
Yes that is exactly what I'm saying.
Posted by Bocaj1000 3 weeks ago
There's nothing wrong with mental disorders. And these disorders range from having depression to having very mild OCD. Based on our definitions, homosexuality is a type of disorder. That doesn't mean it's bad or needs to be fixed, mind you.
Posted by Iacov 3 weeks ago
Yes I am arguing that even I have a mental disorder in the sense that I have feelings and emotions that contradict my basic human instincts.
Posted by straightup.gong 3 weeks ago
Ok, ok wait woah. Pro, you're bisexual and you're arguing that you have a mental disorder? While our instinct as humans is to reproduce, those in homosexual relationships adopt the children that were abandoned and given up by those who reproduced.
Posted by straightup.gong 3 weeks ago
I'm bisexual and I'm pretty sure I don't have a mental disorder. Boys and girls are just so hot. Like everyone is so beautiful. How could you not like everyone?
Posted by Iacov 3 weeks ago
I apologize for missing this my definition for mental disorders comes from
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago