applechicken0
goldman

To withdraw troops from japan

Started: 9/23/2012 Category: News

applechicken0

Pro

Topic- Should The U.S. withdraw American troops from Japan?
First time debating, I hope I'll do well.
First round is for clarifications and all that good stuff
I'm pro
goldman

Con

I accept the debate. I take Con side. This is a serious and imminent problem when we take the international situation surrounding Japan into consideration these days.
Pro, I look forward to reading your opening arguments.
Good luck.
applechicken0

Pro

applechicken0 forfeited this round.
goldman

Con

I believe that the U.S.military troops should not withdraw from Japan. As news media report, anti-Japan movements have been taking place in many cities in China recently. The main cause is that the Japanese government has bought the Senkaku islands. The important thing is that Japanese government has not paid much attention to the claims of Chinese government which has been appealing the right of ownership of the islands for a long time.
These situation might trigger military conflicts between the two countries in the near future.
Therefore, the U.S. military forces should not withdraw from Japan to protect the country from being attacked by mighty Chinese troops.
The U.S. -Japan security agreement must highly evaluated. The destiny of Japan depends too much on the American troops stationed in the country. Their existence can menace the country which has highly sophisticated weapons.
I look forward to reading Pro`s arguments in Round 2.
Good luck.
applechicken0

Pro

I agree that Japan needs our troops to deal with their neighboring countries, but the japanese residents aren't happy with our troops staying there. U.S. troops are taking over 20 percent of the land in the air base in Okinawa. Okinawa is a urban city, and having the Futenma air base there can creating tensions between the American Marines and the Japanese residents.
The Americans commited acts of sexual crimes and many cases where there were drunk marines. (1) Aircraft accidents can be detrimental because many people will be hurt if it happens in an urban cities. These problems occur becuase of how densely populated Okinawa. 1.3 million people living with 27,000 U.S. troops. In an densely populated place like this, noise can be a problem. (2) Studies show that infants are negatively affected by noise pollution. They are born with impaired hearing and abnormal behavior.

(1)http://www.wsws.org...
(2) http://www.jcp.or.jp...
goldman

Con

As Pro points out, people in Okinawa have been suffering from the noises of airplane flying over their houses every day and the crimes commited by the U.S.soldiers. They have been expecting the relocation of the military bases to the other places in Japan toward the Japanese and the U.S. governments.
However, Japanese people must keep in mind that China has the hatred feelings toward Japan.
The reason is that Japan has not apologized for the wrongdoings done by the Japanese military forces during World War Second. Therfore, the present tension surrounding Senkaku islands might develop into the war between China and Japan. Japan needs urgently the U.S. military forces to protect the country from being destroyed by China.
Japanese people and Government leaders must recognize that Japan has not its own military forces.
Thank you for reading my arguments.
Posted by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Ah, I remember the very first debate I did was on this topic...

Good times, good times.
Posted by Beginner 4 years ago
Beginner
Is this to withdraw some troops or ALL troops?
Posted by alex1094 4 years ago
alex1094
I'd accept if you changed the arguing time to 72 hours...