Tobacco Use by Teens

This debate is just for fun to see what another person has to say about this topic. There is no need for research and what not, but if you feel inclined to use sources to back up your position go ahead.

I believe teens should be allowed to use tobacco. I believe this because at a certain point in time most teens will have tried tobacco of any sort. And most likely they will decide right away if they like it or not. To me it's a personal choice, if you're not an athlete then go ahead and use it if you want to. Just be logical about how you use it and where you use it.

Some may say it has bad effects on you. However, to me I have not had any seriously negative effects from tobacco use. I started smoking cigarettes when I was eight, but I have quit smoking and moved to dip/ chew. I quit smoking because by the time I was really concerned about my social reputation I had went from having a high rep among peers and parents to having a low rep. I quit smoking last year by using Chantix, I had become way too addicted to cigarettes for being an athlete. I don't think having one or two cigarettes a day will have bad consequences on an athlete, but I was smoking upwards of two packs a day (DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR). As for dip and chew the only thing it has caused me is a wrinkled lip from the salt drying out my lip and a slightly reduced gum line on two of my teeth.

I know that using tobacco has the potential of serious effects on people like cancer and other diseases but in many cases those were people in their later years of life who had started at a supremely young age such as I. Again I believe it is a personal choice and if you know what you're getting yourself into then, Why Not?

Again this debate is for fun, the topic is a serious one but, the debate is for fun.

1) Please have a definition for teen

2) My argument is the use of tobacco is highly unnecessary.

3) Leggo!

I want to thank Hoyobro for accepting my debate challenge and I will now be giving my Round 2 Argument.

1.) Please have a definition for teen.

I am using the Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition of a teenager: "relating to people who are between 13 and 19 years old"

2.) My argument is the use of tobacco is highly unnecessary.

As I have pointed out in the first round, using tobacco is a personal choice, and if used sparingly causes little to no serious effects to a person.

3.) Leggo!

Hoyobro forfeited this round.

StudentSenatorSamson forfeited this round.

Hoyobro forfeited this round.
Posted by incredebater 2 years ago
Thank you greatly for the challenge! I just have one question before joining. What is the age considered as 'teenage' in this debate? I patiently await your response. Thanks.
Posted by StudentSenatorSamson 2 years ago
you can now
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
I cannot accept.