Toilet humour is funny

First round is acceptance and cordial greetings, the remaing rounds are rebuttals. Good luck to my future opponent.

First off, I'd like to point out that this debate is close to impossible on current terms. Toilet humour may be considered funny by some people and annoying by others.

I will continue this debate if we would debate on the fact that it is immature or not, since we cannot change the fact that people sense humour differently.

Agreed,we shall argue on whether or not toilet humour is mature or not.

While I do appreciate nearly every form of comedy whether it be science jokes or even humour that may be controversial to some like toilet humour for example. With that notion stated, I personally don't believe that this form of comedy should be frowned upon as it in fact pioneered comedy itself. Believe it or not, but the first joke ever written (or so far the oldest discovered joke) was based on the concept of flatulence. The joke goes:

"Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's lap." - (

Where does the contention of "maturity" come into this?

The aforementioned joke was written by the Ancient Egyptians, who as we all know, were highly innovative people with strong manual and intellectual acuity which ultimately enabled them to devise inventions that we still use today such as the door lock and toothpaste. (

If the Ancient Egyptians were immature, then they would have not had the manual and intellectual capacity to devise such significant inventions. Reason being, the word "Immature" is defined as being "Not fully developed"

1. Not fully grown or developed
2. Marked by or suggesting a lack of normal maturity

Also, toilet humour has been employed in many of today's media. Shows such as South Park and Family Guy and even a few Seinfeld episodes as well as comedians like Benny Hill have recurring jokes pertaining to toilet humour. While I do not exactly know where to cite that notion from, if it imperative that I must provide a source for that statement I will include it in the next round.

I bid luck to my opponent with their rebuttal.

To be whimsical in this debate, I will post links of YouTube videos dedicated to toilet humour in each round:

Deboateng forfeited this round.

My opponent has not countered my argument.

There go, standing by...

Here's some more links to comical toilet humour - the patriarch of comedy:

Deboateng forfeited this round.

Standing by...

A few DDO searches and I have already ascertained that many of the fellow users on here are receptive of toilet humour.

Deboateng forfeited this round.
Posted by really12 1 year ago
Clock's ticking Con.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture