yuiru
rzuzulock

Toilets should be done away with

rzuzulock

yuiru

Pro

In this debate I will be taking the Pro (Anti-toilet) posistion.

Exceptions:
Space craft pooping systems, because there is nowhere but space in space.

Rules:

No semantics
You must say lavatory instead of restroom and bathroom
Good conduct please
The term toilet extends to urinals

Arguments I'm making:

Toilets are a waste of money and space in your home
-Without a toilet there would be more room in buildings for other junk like soda cans.
-You wouldn't have to worry about the plumbing that comes with a toilet.
(no more clogged toilets)

Toilets stink up your home and require your time to clean.
-No more smelly lavatories
-No more moms asking you to "clean the toilet!"

Toilets contribute to pollution.
-Sewage from toilets cause water pollution
-Sewage pollution is a risk factor for gastrointestinal disorders.
-Water contaminated by sewage with pathogenic bacteria are consumed by shellfish and when eaten raw or partially cooked case people to be ill.
-Raw sewage destroys streams and rivers.
-People put things down the toilet that they aren't suppose to.
-Without the toilets, there would be no need for those smelly sewage plants that smell like the shits.
-Sewage stinks really bad and comes from toilets.
http://gobiidae.com...

People do not need toilets.
-humans have lived for thousands and thousands of years without the use of toilets.
-Humans are the only animal on the planet that makes and uses toilets to poop in.
Every other animal does their buisness outside and do not have any problems with the poop.
-Toilets are unsexy.

Alternatives:

Instead of taking a dump or wizz in a toilet, since human waste products are biodegradable, one could take a dump in their very own backyard, compost bin, or outhouse. And if they are on the go, in a small to medium size container (depending on the load). Kill two birds with one stone and take a dump when you walk your dog.

Pee in the shower!
rzuzulock

Con

I honestly laughed out loud when I read this debate topic. Well, to give you a statistic, an average human poops about 1460 pounds per year. If you multiply that number by the billions of people on this earth, well, that's alot of poop. So to do away with toilets, this would basically be asking the world for disease. Literally everyone would have cholera not to mention all of the other sicknesses to gross you out. If we all would just poop on the ground and streets, the poop would be just like a spreading contaminant and would reach wells, waterways, and streams. All water would look nice and brown, like chocolate milk :) Though I agree with you that they cost alot of money that most people don't have, the sanitation is really necessary.
yuiru

Pro

"Well, to give you a statistic, an average human poops about 1460 pounds per year. If you multiply that number by the billions of people on this earth, well, that's a lot of poop."
My opponent says the average person poops 1460 times a year... That's a lot right? Look at that stockpile in your backyard. Well actually the poop amounts to 360 pounds a year, but people also produce something like 96 gallons of saliva a year.

It's not the that much over an entire year, even for that one person. Outside and buried, poop decomposes, much faster than a year. And considering poop itself is 50% bacteria, one persons poop degrades quite rapidly especially outside, as opposed to sewage treatment where everyone's poop is bundled up in a huge mass that takes longer to dissolve in the water.

It is constantly reducing in the outside world so that 360 pounds of poop has gotten in shape by the new year. And people already have and do this, the toiletless lifestyle is not a newfangled idea! These people aren't surround by their own crap everywhere they go either. Have you ever went camping or used an outie?

"So to do away with toilets, this would basically be asking the world for disease."

My opponent says getting rid of toilets is asking for disease, yet toilets are only a place to dispose of waste, not a method. This is important because: 1) The method of waste disposal is a factor for disease, hardly the place 2) Following a sound method of waste disposal can work without a toilet.

"If we all would just poop on the ground and streets, the poop would be just like a spreading contaminant and would reach wells, waterways, and streams."

I feel you might misunderstand my position.
My position isn't get rid of toilets and have people poop willy nilly all over the place.
My position is simply to do away with toilets. We would still have respective lavatories/poop-incubators for waste disposal.

I thank the opponent for debates always and forever <3

rzuzulock

Con

Wow, way to not make your arguement clear. That completely changes the whole debate.
yuiru

Pro

I thank my opponent for rejoining me in debate for round 2-3.

My opponent states "Wow, way to not make your arguement clear. That completely changes the whole debate."
I'm not sure if this is some sort of sarcasm and I'm honestly not sure what you ,my opponent, the con, is responding to.
If the you feel my arguments are unclear, my entire posistion and a list of my affirmations on the subject (including fallacious ones) are in the first round for you to nitpick at.

Since my opponent gave no arguments or rebuttals in round 2, I have no other arguments to make for round 3 to make it fair.

rzuzulock

Con

In the beginning of the debate, (round one), you stated: Instead of taking a dump or wizz in a toilet, since human waste products are biodegradable, one could take a dump in their very own backyard, compost bin, or outhouse. And if they are on the go, in a small to medium size container (depending on the load). Kill two birds with one stone and take a dump when you walk your dog.

Pee in the shower!"

Now you are changing your position by saying this: I feel you might misunderstand my position.

This a complete change in position.
yuiru

Pro

My opponent feels I have changed my position by saying it wasn't to have people brew an actual sh-t storm IRL.

I actually did not change my position, because my position never was "poop willy nilly all over the place".
In round one there are still places are considered, but never would I have suggested just randomly on the "ground and streets" as you had said in one of your arguments. A compost bin, a ditch in your backyard, a outhouse, and container are very different from just the ground and streets. I will elaborate on my ideas of what lavatories would be like if you want, but the floor and streets would not be included.
rzuzulock

Con

"never would I have suggested just randomly on the "ground and streets" as you had said in one of your arguments"

Hmm, it's odd that you say that considering earlier in the debate you said, "Kill two birds with one stone and take a dump when you walk your dog." Well that sounds like "willy nilly all over the place" to me....
Posted by yuiru 4 years ago
yuiru
Why is your personal bias against me and my previous debates a factor for voting in this debate? How insipid.
If you think me saying "poop-incubator" necessitates concession YOU do not make any sense.
Posted by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
PRO: "poop-incubators"

Arguments CON - concession by PRO. Plus, I kind of hate this guy...he doesn't make any sense, and his debates aren't even that funny. They just seem to be god-awful stupid.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
yuirurzuzulockTied
Reasons for voting decision: see comment
Vote Placed by safebug 4 years ago
safebug
yuirurzuzulockTied
Reasons for voting decision: Getting rid of toilets... thats just nasty, man! and btw i had never even considered that, what a weird question!