Tom Brady is the Greatest QB of All Time

Started: 10/22/2015 Category: Sports

I am arguing the Tom Brady ISN'T the best QB of all time
I don't think that definitions are need for this debate round but if you believe there is, post it in the comments and I will provide a definition as well as a source as soon as I can.

1.) Round One is for acceptance
2.) A forfeit of concession will not be allowed
3.) All arguments and sources shall be posted in the round. If challenger does not have enough characters, send them in a outside link.
4.) Debate resolution, definitions, and rules can not be changed.

Debate Structure:
Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Presenting all arguments (no rebuttals by con)
Round 3: Refutation of opponent's arguments (no new arguments)
Round 4: Defending your original arguments and conclusion (no new arguments)

I accept your argument and i wish you good luck

Argument 1:
Brady never dominated the regular season as has Peyton Manning throughout his illustrious career. Brett Favre would also have to be considered to be the better regular season quarterback if he was to be compared to Brady. Brady and head coach Bill Belichick helped make the Patriots the top franchise in the AFC East, the AFC and the NFL for a generation, and nobody can take that away from them. Brady"s regular season accomplishments are admirable, no question about it, but he falls to at least third on the list of QBs as it pertains to his play during the fall months of the year.

Argument 2:
Those who would look only at Brady"s four Super Bowl championships are forgetting or brushing off that he has been outplayed time and time again on big stages throughout his career. Mark Sanchez outperformed Brady in a playoff game that took place in New England. Joe Flacco can make the same claim, and Flacco was one mistake away from keeping the Patriots from even having an opportunity to play at Super Bowl XLIX. You can be sure that those two Super Bowl defeats to the New York Giants and to a certain Manning are going to be spotlighted later on in this piece.

Argument 3:
I see your "but Joe Montana got to play with Jerry Rice" argument and raise it with "but Tom Brady got to play with Randy Moss when the duo put up historic numbers in the regular season." How many times did Brady and Moss hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy? Never once. Those of you quick to put Brady atop the list of quarterbacks to ever play the position have to ask yourselves one question: Do you honestly believe that Montana and Moss would not have won it all had the two played together at the same points of their careers that Brady and Moss were teammates?

Argument 4:
Brady has never been the undisputed best offensive player in the NFL. Ever. Even in 2007 when Brady and the Patriots won 18 straight games, one could have made the claim that Randy Moss and not Brady was the MVP of that offense. This is not a knock on Brady, who has had to play in a league that also had Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Moss and recently Aaron Rodgers. One can, however, point to times during their careers when Montana, Manning and now Rodgers would be the first player picked by general managers if those team builders were able to select their ideal rosters.

Argument 5:
Fans of the New England Patriots may find it unfair, but they are living in denial if they do not understand that the "Spygate" and "Deflate-gate" scandals are marks against the Brady-Belichick era. To this day, there are smart football people who would, off the record, say that the Patriots had an illegal advantage over the St. Louis Rams at Super Bowl XXXVI. Brady will never be able to escape those scandals, and those stories could keep Brady from being seen as the best quarterback of all time even if he manages to win the Super Bowl one more time before retiring.

Argument 6:
Two Super Bowl Losses to the New York Giants
These two losses are huge. In both games " Super Bowls 42 and 46 " the Patriots went in as huge favorites, and both times they couldn"t get it done. The first one can be blamed on circumstance, fate, destiny, or what have you, if you want, but to have it happen again?!? And what makes it worse is that in both games, Brady was outplayed by the much maligned Eli Manning. Not to mention in the Pats offence put up a grand total of 31 points " in both games combined! They did not reach 20 points in either game. One, we can give him a pass, but twice? Brady has to shoulder that.

I do not think that Brady is the best quarterback of this day and age as well as all time. Seriously?! All-Time?! There were many quarterbacks before this day and some of them are better. A lot better.

With that, I open my opponent to expand further arguments.

He is because he is better

Round 2 rules state that you have to bring up new or your main arguments, which you didn't. You have no evidence to prove he is better. If you don't have evidence, how do I know he's not the worst. This shows me you couldn't find evidence to support your claim.

I can not respond to opponents arguments because there was none made.

Ky1e88 forfeited this round.

I should win this round because my opponent never supported any claims against which means he has no evidence.
Thanks and vote Con

Ky1e88 forfeited this round.
Posted by steven01 11 months ago
Carson has this in the bag.
Posted by steven01 12 months ago
Con wins
Posted by steven01 1 year ago
Vote Placed by lannan13 11 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture