Babeslayer
THElittleRISK

Tomboys are better than regular women

THElittleRISK

Babeslayer

Pro

I'll start off with why Tomboys are better to begin with. I won't go into relationship stuff yet.

Normal women are judgmental, and kind of hypocritical. They only go for athletic guys and never, I mean, NEVER give nerdy guys the benefit of the doubt. Why? Because all they care about is looks. Before you feminists start claiming that it works both ways, you probably see it that way because your only resource is douchey guys who also only care about looks.

Tomboy women are different though. They won't judge you, they won't friendzone you. Tomboys are usually much more relatable. The only problem some guys might have with them is that they hate douchey guys.
THElittleRISK

Con

My objective in this debate is not to prove that tomboys are worse than "regular" women, but rather equal to them.

My opponent claims that normal women are "Judgmental and kind of hypocritical." This is an unfair generalization that has no scientific merit. My opponent also asserts that "all they care about is looks." This is also an unfair generalization, and one disprovable as in a Men"s Health survey of more than 1,000 American women ages 21 to 54, 77 percent of women ranked a sense of humor as their number one must-have in a man (1). My opponent's final accusation towards "regular" women is that they absolutely never give nerdy guys a chance. This is simply not true, as I know first hand. I am what many would classify as a "nerdy" guy and am currently in a relationship with a "regular" girl. This disproves my opponent's assertion that girls "NEVER" give so called nerdy guys even a chance. My opponent's main argument against "regular" girls is full of false and negative stereotypes that suggests that he has some sort of personal grudge against them.

My opponent's description of "tomboy" women is also full of generalization of personal characteristics. Perhaps my opponent could use more specific language and provide his personal definition of "tomboy" "regular" and "nerdy" in order to better communicate his point.

1) http://news.menshealth.com...
Babeslayer

Pro

Alright, I'll admit I generalized a bit. But it has some merit. I used mostly generalizations to back up my arguments, but basically, Tomboys just have so much going for them. Yes, I know not all regular women go for athletic guys, and I also now not all tomboys go for nice guys. But it is way easier for a guy to chat with a Tomboy than a normal girl. Tomboys like guy stuff, and are women which is something guys like. They're less needy too.

I mentioned in my first argument that I will save relationship stuff for later, and it's later now.
Tomboys are way less girly, which I know is kind of obvious, but it makes them easier to connect to. Tomboys are like the chick in high school you were friends with, but then you became friends too much so she friendzoned you. Tomboys are like having a cool chick friend, but only they're way cooler about it.

I'm not saying I have a problem with regular women, I'm just saying I prefer tomboys because they're like having an awesome friend who you can play mortal kombat with, but with tits.
THElittleRISK

Con

All your arguments are based off of generalizations. While there may be some truth to these generalizations, there is also inaccuracy. It is impossible to assign personality traits to any single group of people and be totally accurate. "It is way easier for a guy to chat with a Tomboy" this again falls to personal preferences. Some guys could be intimidated by the tomboy's less traditionally feminine qualities. Perhaps the "guy" in question does not like sports, or cars? Suppose the "Tomboy" does not? It all comes down to the personality of people that determines if they have a connection.

For the "easier to connect to" argument, see above, because it all comes down to personality once again. Your argument suggests that only Tomboys can have platonic friendships with guys, which is also false. "Tomboys are like having a cool chick friend, but they're way cooler about it." So no matter how "cool" a regular girl could be, a Tomboy would be inherently better?

"I prefer tomboys because they're like having an awesome friend who you can play mortal kombat with, but with tits." I'm sure "regular" girls are also capable of playing mortal kombat or and being awesome friends. It's a bit late for it, but you should provide your personal definitions of "tomboy" and "regular".
Babeslayer

Pro

I never said Tomboys can only have platonic friendships. I said they can have a healthy relationship. Most relationships have problems because the guys and girls are almost the opposite, while Tomboys are called tomboys for a reason. They're a girlfriend who you can watch a football game with, they're a girlfriend who you can hang out at the bar with.

based on personal experience, my "definitions" of tomboy and regular are:

Tomboy - a girl who will prefer doing stuff mostly attributed to stuff bros do.

Regular woman - Women who regular.

Yeah I don't see the point in defining regular women. But that's what I would define tomboys as. And as for the whole "You're generalizing personality traits" Well, I'm doing that because tomboys seem to have a nack for having certain traits.

If I'm coming off as a sexist, I'm not trying to. Im just saying I think that having a girlfriend who has a lifestyle similar to mine is probably healthier than two people with polar opposite lifestyles trying to live together. I'm fine with having regular woman as just friends, because they can be very good friends. But if I want a long-term relationship with a woman, I would prefer someone who I have a lot in common with.
THElittleRISK

Con

I know you never said it, but intentional or not your argument seemed to imply it. "Most relationships have problems because the guys and girls are almost the opposite." Opposite in interests perhaps, but according to a study conducted by the University of Iowa in 2005, similarity in personality was more important than similarities in attitude, religion, and values in forming a happy marriage (1). Once more, whether or not a girl likes a guy is based on PERSONALITY, not whether or not she is a "tomboy" or "regular". You can still watch a football game with a "regular" girl, if she likes you she'll try to be interested in it even if she isn't.

If you don't see the point in defining "regular" women, why bother arguing that tomboys are better than them? Perhaps some do, but again, not all.

Once more, I direct you to the study I referenced earlier which states that in general similarity in personality was more important than similarities in attitude, religion, and values in forming a happy marriage/relationship among those surveyed. While you may personally disagree with these findings, the survey proves that they rule true for most.

In conclusion, my opponent has not proven that Tomboys are superior than regular women. I believe I have successfully shown that they are equal and whether you prefer them or not comes down to personality. Thanks to those who have read this debate and especially to my opponent for giving me the chance to practice my debate skills with him.

(1) http://www.livescience.com...
Posted by danielawesome12 3 years ago
danielawesome12
I don't see how this debate could commence without defining Tomboy.

Tomboy- a girl who behaves in a manner usually considered boyish [1]

http://www.merriam-webster.com... [1]
Vote Placed by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
BabeslayerTHElittleRISKTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a bunch of generalizations and only backed it up with anecdotal evidence. Con provided sources to disprove Pro's claims about "regular women". Pro provides definitions in the 3rd round but lol. Basically, the debate was about whether or not tomboys were better and not about what Pro preferred.
Vote Placed by Skeptikitten 3 years ago
Skeptikitten
BabeslayerTHElittleRISKTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro used no sources, based his entire argument on stereotypes, and his posts were rife with spelling and grammar errors.