Zarlak
abhinbh

Tony Abbott is the worst prime minister (Pro) He is bad (Con) He is Good

abhinbh

Zarlak

Pro

I believe that Tony Abbott is by far the shittiest prime minister of Australia. He was voted in purely for the fact that the majority of the population was sick of labour pushing the country even further into debt, and Abbott's promises included to get Australia "back on track" and to do so without taxing. Several months into his term, we can see that Australia is by far not back on track, and there are HUGE cuts into the medical system, and the education system.

Sources are not required but if you believe they are necessary you may choose to include, Goodluck.
abhinbh

Con

I actually hate Tony Abbott however I am bored and am doing this for fun.
PS.This is my first time debating
Zarlak

Pro

Zarlak forfeited this round.
abhinbh

Con

Australia has elected the right person, Tony Abbott is a great Prime Minister he has many great ideas to bring the country to stability but before I get to that I would like to talk about all the great things he has done before being elected.As the minister for Employment and Workplace Relations in 2001 Mr Abbott boosted construction industry productivity by creating the Cole Royal Commission. As the Minister for Health back in 2003 Tony introduced the Medicare safety net for people with large costs that they could not pay, raised the hospital funding by $2.2 billion, increased Medicare bulk billing rates, expanded Medicare, and resolved a medical crisis which was occurring at that time. Later he became the leader of the opposition and set out his plans and promises the two main ones being Scrapping the Carbon Tax and Stopping the boats. These two plans are great and will benefit the country alot.

I will start by talking about the benefits of scrapping the Carbon tax. The carbon tax significantly adds to the cost of living, it makes many people pay more for electricity and gas, it costs businesses more to operate, and it makes everything in Australia much more expensive. Our cost of living is unnecessarily higher because of the carbon tax.
Average families will be better of by more than $550 only next year under the Liberal"s plan than under Labor"s carbon tax. Over the next six years we will be $3,000 better off under the Liberals than under the carbon tax.
And on the Government"s own figures, the carbon tax will increase six times in the middle of 2014-2019 " reaching about $38 a tonne by 2019 and slowly increasing to $350 a tonne.
Only the Liberals will scrap the carbon tax lock.
On 5 August 2013 Tony Abbott, wrote to the Secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet to advise him that if the Liberals did win the election in September 2013, their first priority will be to scrap the carbon tax.
Only the Liberals will reduce your cost of living by abolishing the carbon tax.

Australia's next problem that the Coalition have dealt with are Asylum seekers risking their lives coming to Australia by boat. Thousands of refugees have come to Australia by boat seeking asylum over the past decade. The main reasons why this is happening is because in the countries the refugees are from there have been war, civil unrest and persecution. Many people have arrived leaving from Indonesia en route to Christmas Island, an Australian territory close to Indonesia. The boats are often overcrowded and unsafe. Accidents are very common. In December 2010, a boat of refugees sank, killing 48 people some of them even children then again In June 2012, an accident led to 17 confirmed deaths, with 70 other people missing most of these never to be found and heard of ever again. Since 2009 more than 600 deaths have occurred to refugees trying to come to Australia. Here are some figures of how many people came to Australia by boat during the main Labor years.
Years Boats People
2010 134 6,555
2011 69 4,565
2012 278 17,202
2013 300 20,587
All this just had to be stopped and Tony Abbott has provided that by putting the Stop the boats plan into action and has succeeded very well so this is why I believe that Tony Abbott has been a great Prime Minister and I believe will continue to be.
Zarlak

Pro

Zarlak forfeited this round.
abhinbh

Con

I won't do this round but yeah I actually hate Tony Abbott and if I were you I would have much more great things to debate about you should have posted some arguments up because I'm sure you would have had some.
Posted by tvellalott 2 years ago
tvellalott
I could easily accept this and argue pig iron bob (Robert Menzies) was worse. Herr derr, sell iron to the Japanese so they can make bombs to blow us up, herr derr.
Posted by rross 2 years ago
rross
He scrapped the mining and carbon taxes. We knew he was going to do thst before the election. How could he make those up without massive cuts to spending? I don't understand why anybody would be surprised.

But yes. I can't stand him. I doubt you'll find anyone to argue in his favor, but you never know.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
ZarlakabhinbhTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con provided some legitimate good Mr Abbott's party has done for Australia. These points went uncontested, in Pro's forfeits, thus arguments and conduct are awarded to Con.