StonedDragon69
PatriotPerson

Tony Stark (Iron Man) is Smarter than Bruce Wayne (Batman)

StonedDragon69

Pro

I personally think that Tony Stark is Smarter than Bruce Wayne. We are referring to the comics here and the movies also provide evidence that supports my point. Use both comics and movies as a reference.
PatriotPerson

Con

I accept this debate as I believe that Bruce Wayne (Batman) is smarter than Tony Stark (Iron Man), because many points of reference in various forms of media back my assumption.
StonedDragon69

Pro

I disagree ... Tony Stark created a suit that can withstand nuclear blasts, radiation, extreme heat, extreme amounts of pressure and even the power of Thor's hammer ... As seen in the movie, Avengers
PatriotPerson

Con

Pro uses Stark's skill of crafting to back up his intelligence. To counter this, Bruce Wayne has built just as many, if not more, amazing technology than Stark. Wayne creates new innovations for the Batcave and constantly adds more settings and functions to the Batmobile. Let's not forgot things like the Batcopter and the motorcycle. These creations are seen in every Batman film to date, predominantly in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy.

Wayne does not rely on technology. Stark seems to use JARVIS to get most of his answers while Wayne mostly knows them all himself. He has a PhD, and he has taken a huge interest in things like lierature and martial arts ever since he was a child, as seen in the TV show "Gotham".

Let's not forgot that Batman is the World's Greatest Detective. In fact, that's one of his nicknames. He has solved the hardest challenges from The Riddler and can solve nearly any case, while Stark is yet to prove any investigation skills he possesses.
StonedDragon69

Pro

Con proves many valid points ... But with all of Bruce Wayne's skills and ideas. Without the money from his deceased parents he would never have been able to learn all of this or fund any of his creations.

Batman: Genius-level intellect, called the world"s greatest detective by his enemy Ra"s al Ghul.

Iron Man: Genius-level intellect, called the world"s greatest "futurist" by fellow superhero Reed Richards.

Verdict: Both are highly capable thinkers, but IQ is a relative measure, not an absolute one. So how do they stack up to their peers? Batman is universally hailed as the smartest man in D.C. Comics, with Lex Luthor his only real competition. This does not mean that Wayne is more intelligent than Stark ... Stark is a quick thinker, VERY QUICK THINKER. Tony has a genius level intellect that allows him to invent a wide range of sophisticated devices, specializing in advanced weapons and armor. He possesses a keen business mind. Let me remind you, Stark has even created artificial intelligence

References:

http://marvel.com...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
PatriotPerson

Con

Pro states that Wayne would not be able to learn or fund his creations if not for his deceased parents. However, Pro fails to realize this is the exact same situation for Stark, so considering it a bad thing on only Bruce's part is an invalid argument.
From the Tony Stark page on Marvel's Wikia: "When he was 21, his parents were killed in a car crash, and he inherited his father's business, Stark Industries."

Source: http://marvel.wikia.com...

Pro says that Wayne's enemy Ra's al Ghul is the only one who calls him "The World's Greatest Detective". This is untrue. That name is universally used around the DC Universe for Batman, in fact it is his second most common nickname, behind only "The Dark Knight".

Pro then seems to give support to my resolution. He points out that Stark is called a great futurist, which doesn't have much to do with intelligence. He points out Wayne is a great detective, which has a lot to deal with intelligence.Definition of futurist: "A person who studies the future and makes predictions about it based on current trends."
As you can see, being a futurist requires little intelligence, if any. All it requires to be a futurist is studying.
Source: https://www.google.com...

Pro says that Stark is a very quick thinker. Notice how in the movies, Stark repeatedly asks JARVIS to pull things up and answer things. If Stark is such a great thinker as Pro claims, why does he count on JARVIS so much?

Pro also says Stark has a keen business mind. So does Wayne. Wayne heads Wayne Enterprises and all its factions. And since Pro continually asserts the fact that Stark is an inventor, here's a picture that shows only a few things Wayne has invented:

In case the picture doesn't load correctly, I'll type the text here: "Bruce Wayne has won numerous patents for inventing sport injury prevention products, medical and surgical products both for himself as well as for medical manufacturers."
Posted by PatriotPerson 1 year ago
PatriotPerson
I did, I said Wayne does not rely on technology. And you are wrong. Wayne has done plenty to that statute of intellect. If you want to talk AI, check out the Bat-Robots he created to patrol Gotham while he was on call.
http://braveandbold.wikia.com...
Posted by StonedDragon69 1 year ago
StonedDragon69
Con still refusing to counter on my point that Stark created A.I. ... Wayne has done nothing to that statute of intellect.
Posted by StonedDragon69 1 year ago
StonedDragon69
I agree😉
Posted by Cotton_Candy 1 year ago
Cotton_Candy
Tony is stark is assuredly more pragmatical than Bruce Wayne and I suppose that translates to smartness.