Derek.yer
TheEnergyHippo

Too much technology

Derek.yer

Con

In our century the technology takes a huge place, if at the time when that "tech" industry was just at the beginning point all people weren't depend on it as it happens now. For example, most of us has iPhones, iPads, smartphones and so on, and everyone (I am not an exception) loses their time on social websites and on different kind of games, which makes everybody think and do things like a zobie. Yes, Those really cool and innovative things, makes everyone think in one direction and lose time on useless things. So I think one of the biggest current problems is technology.
TheEnergyHippo

Pro

I accept this debate. I will try to prove my point that technology is a really important thing in our lifes. I am not sure if my opponent meant the Internet or technology in general but I will give some arguments.

"For example, most of us has iPhones, iPads, smartphones and so on, and everyone (I am not an exception) loses their time on social websites and on different kind of games, which makes everybody think and do things like a zobie. "

Actually video games help people.

Certain games can help people that have a problem with their brain.

Strategic games can improve strategic thinking and brain agility.

There are a lot of games that can actually educate you. I am not a huge gamer but I know that those exist. I think "Skyrim" and "Assassin's creed" can educate you but I am not sure. But most of the games can make you smarter.

People that use the Internet helps them learn English. There are some people who perfectly know English just from the Internet ( My English sucks but I wouldn't know English that good if I didn't use the Internet )

There are a lot of website ( like this ) that can help you to improve your social skills and educate you.

You can shop much easier.

I hate social website too but today's society needs those websites to communicate with friends really easy. For an example if you have a friend or a family member in another country he/she can chat with you every day, see the pictures that you posted and connect you both more than if technology didn't exist.

Technology, for an example robots help the production of products.

Technology helps science ( explore space, experiments etc)

If you had a sad day you could watch a comedy or a parody. This can cheer you up.

If you are a lonely person you can find Internet friends and have fun with them. The Internet can connect you easily with people that are like you and have no friends.

Technology is important for the business and advertising. Also the technology is important for a business to be efficient.

You can read books.

It is harder for the government to spread propaganda because you can get informed about the events on the Internet. For an example youtube chanels. If people get informed it is harder for countries to get into war because people stand against that.

There are a lot of other stuff I could point but I don't think it is needed. The good things that come with technology are much more than the bad things.

http://www.nbcnews.com...

http://www.theguardian.com...

http://blog.deepbluesky.com...

http://www.ask.com...
Derek.yer

Con

Derek.yer forfeited this round.
TheEnergyHippo

Pro

I will skip this round because my opponent fortified.
Derek.yer

Con

Alright, I got it. I'm sorry for being late) and also if I didn't make the message understandable. I'm talking about everything what is connected to technology.
So your point is that you think the video games, which actually makes people lazier, do absolutely opposite thing and makes us smarter. In some context I do agree with you, where you said that internet helps to learn something new BUT I meant that everybody who are using the smartphones and facebook(social websites in main) are not being connected to the whole world. They don't feel time while sitting in a computer club or playing PS or X-box. Your argument about disabled children which are growing up in mental way is good, but what about other people who hasn't got any problems? Yes, they are getting more and more dependent, and I'm not talking about the games. For example, when friends meeting to chill out together they don't talk much to each other because of the internet in their smartphones - that is also big problem.
TheEnergyHippo

Pro

Are you sure you don't mean the internet? Cars are technology. They are a pretty important part of our lifes. Lights are techonolgy. Furnaces are technology.

"BUT I meant that everybody who are using the smartphones and facebook(social websites in main) are not being connected to the whole world."

So without social websites they will be connected to the whole world (other countries) more than if they didn't have those websites? I don't think this makes sense.

"They don't feel time while sitting in a computer club or playing PS or X-box."

It is their choise. In real life you can take drugs and get addicted and get far more worse things. The people who actually do that are not so much anyways. Everything has a bad side. But I find that the internet does more good than harm.

"For example, when friends meeting to chill out together they don't talk much to each other because of the internet in their smartphones - that is also big problem."

I don't think this is true. You are probably talking about rare cases. Give more sources in your arguments.

The human life on earth wasn't going to be so good without technology. I don't see a reason why technology does more harm than good.

We can debate again on this if you wish.