MagicalPotatoWeave
MasterJoseph97

Track is a useless sport

Started: 4/24/2015 Category: Sports

MagicalPotatoWeave

Con

Track is not a useless sport. It increases someone's muscle mass, endurance, and flexibility. It will also increase someone's mental toughness and health. It also teaches us about teamwork. It teaches us not to give no matter how hard it is. It doesn't matter how bad you want to quit you must keep going because the hardworks pays off in the future. Millions maybe of adults and kids participate in track. If track is so useless why or millions maybe billions of kids and adults paricapte in it.
MasterJoseph97

Pro

Track is useless, even though you gain muscles needed for other sports you must realize that the very action of training yourself to run away. The very goal is cowardly and not worthy of the time of a true man. If you want to dedicate your life to doing a meaningless task over and over without advancing in any way. why would you run in a circle even cross country would be a better candidate for a great sport. Albert Einstein once said "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Did you know that Hitler made some Jews do meaningless tasks like sweeping the street every time someone passed, track is the sports equivalent to it. Also before I mentioned how it does build important muscles for certain sports but, intelligence and strategy can make up for any physical advantage someone has on you. I Wrestle and I am not the strongest but I have the technique to knock anyone opponent off his feet even though I am physically not even close to there level.
MagicalPotatoWeave

Con

I would first like to start out with that track is not all about running there is also field events like shot Put, Discus, javelin, pole vault and others. In track there is more to it than one may think. Track is just not as simply as just running or hurdling or throwing a discus and vaulting. You must use certain techniques in each event lets first start with running. According to cross country and long distance track coach Huygens said "that having improper running can caused you to injure yourself when running." Having improper form can injured because It could injure your back because if you have bad posture it leads to injury and it can damage your muscles because of how you do it. Also without proper form and breathing technique it can cause you to lose more energy and oxygen in a race. According to Scott Douglas the basic elements for a good form is "there are basic elements of good form, including landing over your center of gravity, a light, rapid cadence, minimal lateral rotation and, easier to spot than quantify, relaxed body position." There is more to form and running in the following link http://m.runnersworld.com.... Now In other events I mentioned. In discus or shot put you can just throw the ball or discus you must throw it at a certain angle with a specific technique for throwing. In pole vaulting there is more to just using the pole to jump over the bar. in pole vault if you don't have the proper vaulting technique it can cause you to break the pole which can hit someone with the same force as a shotgun now that's dangerous. So in this argument I proved that track isn't just simply running or throwing something there is a lot more to it than others may think. I look forward to your next argument.
MasterJoseph97

Pro

MasterJoseph97 forfeited this round.
MagicalPotatoWeave

Con

I really have nothing to say the opponent didnt really give me nothing else to argue on therefor the opposing team must agree that track is not a useless sport.
MasterJoseph97

Pro

MasterJoseph97 forfeited this round.