tylerh501
Yugandda

Trans genders able to choose their bathroom or use bathroom of birth gender

tylerh501

Con

If you are born a boy but feel that you should be a girl and go through all the surgery to become a "girl" and still have a penis should you be able to use the girls bathroom and vice versa.
Yugandda

Pro

I accept. I will make a brief argument in this round and then follow up with multiple rebuttals.

My value is this debate is objectivism

My criterion that will back my value is free will

To begin this debate it is essential to define one term and that is transgender. It is to my knowledge that a trans-gendered person is someone that Identifies as the opposite sex. Any arguments brought up in the debate that talk about the consequences about allowing trans-gendered persons from using bathrooms of their choice should be considered null and void because that does not follow topicality. According to the resolution we are only discussing the objective morality of allowing trans-gendered persons to choose which bathroom they want to use. Now on with the debate!

1) Not allowing trans-gendered use of their preferable bathroom creates an is-ought fallacy. The question is not about the objective morality of allowing them free use, rather, about willingful discrimination. My opponent will try to make the argument of what ought to be, due to what is. Yet there is not a current status quo to guide my opponent.

2) Allowing trans-gendered persons to use bathrooms encourages moral objectivism. Objectivism is the idea that all of our moral principles are guided by our personal wants and needs. Rather the opposite, subjectivism, argues that there is no sense to morality and that is fabricated based on the bias of people. Objectivism is the most commonly accepted moral ground and should be representative in this debate. Allowing trans-gendered people to use bathrooms lets cognitive beings exercise their own objective free will. The common misconception is that this would harm other people. However this does not follow topicality because we are only discussing objective morality.

3) Not allowing trans-gendered persons to use bathrooms creates a De jure segregated society on the basis of gender. If someone identifies as a certain gender and you are denying them a right on the basis that they are different that is the definition of De facto segregation. In this case it would be De jure segregation because it would be followed under law.

(Also I'm assuming we're allowed to bring up points until the 4th round, correct?)
tylerh501

Con

tylerh501 forfeited this round.
Yugandda

Pro

Yugandda forfeited this round.
tylerh501

Con

tylerh501 forfeited this round.
Yugandda

Pro

Yugandda forfeited this round.
tylerh501

Con

tylerh501 forfeited this round.
Yugandda

Pro

Yugandda forfeited this round.
tylerh501

Con

tylerh501 forfeited this round.
Yugandda

Pro

Yugandda forfeited this round.
Posted by Yugandda 1 year ago
Yugandda
I really hope he does. If not then...
Posted by MorePerfectKing 1 year ago
MorePerfectKing
Does Con not realize what Con is?
Posted by Vict0rian 1 year ago
Vict0rian
Why are you con? this doesnt make sense.