DonutQueen
mysticpotatoe

Trans people should be allowed to use the bathroom that they associate with.

DonutQueen

DonutQueen

Pro

I believe that if you are trans you should be allowed to use the restroom that associates with your orientation.

round 1: accepting debate only
round 2: state case
round 3: rebuttal
round 4: conclusion

rules:
1.be kind please
2.the bible is not a valid source
3.state sources
mysticpotatoe

Con

I accept your debate.
DonutQueen

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate. I believe that the majority of this controversy began with the north carolina HB2 bill being passed.

Transgender people identify as the gender they prefer. I understand that is is an obvious statement but something that a lot of people look past. If someone was born with female genitalia but once old enough to understand gender believes that she is actually a male than for the most part this human being will identify themselves as such. This is not a mask to hide behind but a true identity.
Transgender people do not enter the bathroom with any intention of harming or "watching" anyone. These people are entering the restroom with only one thing on there mind. THEY WANT TO PEE/POOP! (caps are for emphasis not yelling). When you go to the restroom do you think that you want to peep in on someone if you are then you are the creeper? NO! Or at least you should not want to,if you can tell someone's genitals than you are the one that should be in trouble. At the moment there are very few reports of transgender people performing any misconduct in the restroom. However there are many filed reports of cisgenders performing misconduct. Being transgender does not make you want to cause a ruckus in the restroom. You are just like everyone else except for the fact that you were born in the wrong body.It is for all of these reasons that I urge you to vote pro. Thank you.

sources:
My opinion

HB2 law

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

http://mashable.com...

http://www.motherjones.com...
mysticpotatoe

Con

mysticpotatoe forfeited this round.
DonutQueen

Pro

my opponent has forfeited this round
As I have nothing to rebuttal I believe that transgender people should be allowed to use the bathroom they associate with. These are people just like you and me. No evidence supports the argument that they will cause any harm. Please vote pro.
mysticpotatoe

Con

mysticpotatoe forfeited this round.
DonutQueen

Pro

this is very sad. I was looking forward to a fun debate.
mysticpotatoe

Con

mysticpotatoe forfeited this round.
Posted by DonutQueen 1 year ago
DonutQueen
I would appreciate that. Thank you for accepting.
Posted by Normerican 1 year ago
Normerican
I'll take on this debate, please let me accept.
Posted by DonutQueen 1 year ago
DonutQueen
@mostlogical I completely agree with this however it way be a very pricey transition from multiple gender bathrooms to a neutral one. So in the meantime what do you think should be done.
Posted by mostlogical 1 year ago
mostlogical
All toilets should be gender neutral (unisex), it would benefit transgender populations as well as anyone who needs assistance from someone of a different gender.
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
I would debate this, but I think that businesses should have the right to decide.
Vote Placed by DebaterGood 1 year ago
DebaterGood
DonutQueenmysticpotatoeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Since Con forfeited all rounds, Pro wins by default.