abilenerae01
SoulTechNameIII

Transgender Bathrooms

abilenerae01

Pro

People are constantly telling others to "be themselves" and "express yourself" but how is anyone expected to do so when there is so many others punching them down every time someone believes they truly are the opposite gender? It isn't a life crisis and it isn't just a phase. Dealing with sexuality and gender identification is a big process in people's lives. I have met several people in my life who have tried to be with the opposite gender and found themselves disgusted with their decision. They were simply not straight. And why can't people seem to understand that if you were able to "choose" your sexuality, people would have chosen otherwise. So with the controversy over the bathrooms, if you have believed that you are a different gender than what you were born as, then you should use that bathroom. People are not using this as an advance towards rape. If this were the case, why are we only worried about the girls? What about the 6 year old boys that mothers send into the men's restroom because they can't use the woman's? How come we have never thought about a little boy being taken by a woman who claims to be transgender? And how about the fact that woman are constantly sexual harassed for wearing too short shorts when that is one of the only options left for a girl during the summer. There are so many factors that can be argued with this issue.
SoulTechNameIII

Con

Okay so this little bit you mentioned at the end here "Woman are constantly sexual harassed for wearing too short shorts." I'm going to have to go ahead and call an old fashioned citation needed. I also would like to know what you define sexual harassment as anyway. I'm unaware of any woman near me that was sexually harassed for wearing clothes, and furthermore you say that this is the only option for a girl during the summer. I find this quite interesting that there is no choice in the clothes that women wear.

You ask: how are people going to be themselves when they are constantly being pushed down?
Well first I want to ask you what you expect? Every choice someone makes is bound to have opposition between them and the people they surround themselves with. As an anecdote I cite the fact that my parents are extremely conservative, and even in such an environment I came out left winged. People telling you; "Haha that's dumb" or "Haha you can't do that" will not stop anyone from doing that unless they so chose to. They aren't being forced to by being told they shouldn't.

You say you have known a ton of people in your life that hated themselves for wanting to be the opposite gender.
It sounds to me like these people that you knew held prejudice towards Trans - Gender people to begin with, and as a result held prejudice to themselves.

"So with the controversy over the bathrooms, if you have believed that you are a different gender than what you were born as, then you should use that bathroom."
I question what makes you think this? What practical use does this serve? Do you understand the cost of putting more urinals into the female bathrooms, and the risk of security? You could say something like oh this gives trans gender people more rights, but in reality having a bathroom personally accommodated to what you identify as, is no right.

"What about the 6 year old boys that mothers send into the men's restroom because they can't use the woman's? How come we have never thought about a little boy being taken by a woman who claims to be transgender?"

I find it questionable that you cite an argument conned to your position, and then fail to rebuttal it. I suppose the argument here is that the other side doesn't considered the opposite rape situation, therefore invalid. I ask what makes you think they don't, how do you know that's not the reason there conned to gender bathrooms?

In conclusion, up to this far I have been severally disposed with your reasoning for why we should have gender bathrooms, and would like for you to provide with a sound reason for us to transition from where we are now to trans - gender bathrooms.
abilenerae01

Pro

You have several points that are very plausible. However in my opinion I still remain pro. I was raised learning to accept the people around me no matter what they are. Although my parents are transgenic in a sort of way. And maybe that is why this is such a controversial topic because they were raised different ways.

I never mentioned that they should create an entire bathroom dedicated to only transgender people. I'm only saying that a transgender woman or male should have the ability to choose which ever bathroom they would like.

And to the point about girls being indirectly forced to where shorts during summer. It is obviously hot during the summer time, depending on your region, and the most logical option is to where shorts so that is why most stores continue to sell shorter clothing in a woman's department. Then people begin "sexually harassing" woman when it was merely just a last resort. I'm not saying this is one of the factors to my argument but it is a similar opinion I seem to have.

I wasn't saying that transgender bathrooms were bad and are promoting rape only that if we are always so worried about little girls in restrooms with older men. I've heard arguments over this topic and again, it may not be a favtor to my original argument but a similar topic, gender equality.

I had never said that people I know hate being gay or lesbian or any other sexuality. I simply said that have tried to discover themselves as a person by being with an individual of the opposite sex. I have had conversations with people who were told that they just "haven't found the right guy/girl yet" and thats why they thought they were gay. So they tried out the option of searching for the right one. And that when they were with someone of the opposite gender, they were not content with the relationship. They felt as though you might in a relationship with a person of the same sex.

I appreciate your points and counterargument. Thank you
SoulTechNameIII

Con

So I'm going to again start with this shorts thing, because for some reason I find it the most interesting. You put "sexually harassing" in quotations this time, which makes me thing that it isn't sexual harassment? Which one is it? Are they or are they not being harassed? By who? If they are why have they not taken legal action against the harassers? It sounds to me that you are calling a old fashioned Street Harassment, which is obviously not sexual harassment or really harassment in general.

"I never mentioned that they should create an entire bathroom dedicated to only transgender people. I'm only saying that a transgender woman or male should have the ability to choose which ever bathroom they would like."

Yeah so I will admit I was a bit unclear and confusing in the way I wrote my original argument. However, generally female bathrooms don't have urinals. If you want transgender people to chose their bathroom, and have it required by local government that public places provide this, urinals will have to be put in the female restrooms. What practical purpose does this serve? It's not giving Trans - Gender people more rights, and opens a security flaw for pedos to move in on little boys and girls in their respective bathrooms.

"I wasn't saying that transgender bathrooms were bad and are promoting rape only that if we are always so worried about little girls in restrooms with older men. I've heard arguments over this topic and again, it may not be a favtor to my original argument but a similar topic, gender equality."

It's pretty unclear to me what your saying here. However here's the reason people don't want this to go into place: the lack of security that this would cause for both small boys and little girls entering bathrooms is tremendous. Anyone can say they identity as the opposite gender and nobody can stop them from entering a bathroom. Since a policy such as this gives trans - gender no rights, and only causes issues for everyone, what practical purpose does it serve?

In conclusion; A Policy such as the proposed one here gives no advantage to anyone and only causes security issues within bathrooms.
Posted by GoOrDin 9 months ago
GoOrDin
a transgender bathroom is like the dirty, rape bathroom.

LOL