Transgender People's Gender Are Valid

I'm arguing that transgender people are valid, in other words, they are the gender that they claim. My reasons are based on this statements here according to the American Psychological Association;

"Sex refers to a person's biological status and is typically categorized as male, female, or intersex."----"Gender refers to the attitudes, feelings, and behaviors that a given culture associates with a person's biological sex."

So based on the statements above, gender is made up whereas sex is not and is based on your body and it's parts. Based on that, transgender people's gender are validate. Maybe my opponent can prove me wrong.

Firstly, I respectfully do not know what you are arguing. That might sound weird but let me clarify. Yes, gender is obviously made up. All the word means is a person being socially accepted as something because they want to be identified that way. We know that and you can't argue against that because it's a fact. This is why I did not understand your argument and what you are arguing for. I agree that transgender is validated as a gender, because all that it means is what they want to be identified as.

Although transgender is a gender it is definitely not a sex. You quoted something which is most certainly not the correct definition of sex. If you search the definition of sex on webster and even google, they both show that sex does not include intersex. It specifically includes male and female. Your biological organs determine your sex. Not "your body and it's part's" as you said. Which can obviously change with surgical removals. I came to this debate to tell you this because I don't really think that your argument makes much sense. I am not trying to be mean but just had to tell you. Nobody on this sight can argue against a fact, so I just thought I would just say something. No hard feelings. :)

(Sorry for the late reply)Ah, this debate was aimed at people who disagree with me as I've met some before who believe gender is real and is the same as sex even. Though it seems me and you are mutual and in agreement with each other on both matters so I think there is nothing to debate and this is the last round lol. Though by intersex I meant people who are born with both male and female organs(though judging by your statement I must've used the wrong term or those people don't have a sex.) and when I said "your body and it's parts" I meant to include organs and everything that makes up your person. Don't worry about it I know you weren't trying to be mean, it is a debate after all lol, so no need to apologize and I understand, I just wanted to see if I'd come across someone who actually disagree's with me on the matters lol. Though thanks for taking to time to enter even though there wasn't much to debate lol.

Yes lol I agree. But the ultimate reason why I joined is because I didn't think anyone else would join. I also joined to explain that your argument is pretty obvious because transgenders genders are validated by the definition itself. So I didn't think that anyone would join, so I joined to tell you. Although I agree with what you said I don't think that anybody, or the majority, would disagree with transgender not being a gender because as I said, by definition it is.

Thanks for the debate.
Vote Placed by warren42 2 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: "I also joined to explain that your argument is pretty obvious" -Con Essentially, Con is saying that Pro was right and Con accepted to tell Pro that. I'm forced to vote Pro.