Luma
karlireynolds23

Transgender people should be allowed to use the restroom matching their gender identity.

Luma

Pro

Trans people should be allowed to use the restroom matching their gender identity, regardless of anybody else's position of the issue. They should also be allowed to have a restroom free of discrimination and prejudice. After all, they just need to pee.

This is an open debate, which will be as follows: Round 1, small introduction to both positions. Round 2, arguments. Rounds 3-5, rebuttals.
karlireynolds23

Con

Someone who is transgender should be allowed to use the restroom matching their identity. Times are changing and we live in a world where you really can be whoever you want to. If someone identifies as a male, they should be able to go to the men's restroom. Why would it make sense for them to go to the women's restroom if they do not identify themselves as a woman and believe that they truly are a male? The people that disagree with this do not realize the world we live in today. Although this was once unheard of and frowned upon, that is no longer the case.
Luma

Pro

I agree with you, and as such I feel that you mistakenly joined this, we are both fighting for the pro side, and you are currently labelled as a con, though I'm sure this is not what you intended. Therefore, we can not continue the debate. If I'm misunderstanding your viewpoint, let me know.
karlireynolds23

Con

karlireynolds23 forfeited this round.
Luma

Pro

Luma forfeited this round.
karlireynolds23

Con

karlireynolds23 forfeited this round.
Luma

Pro

Luma forfeited this round.
karlireynolds23

Con

karlireynolds23 forfeited this round.
Luma

Pro

Luma forfeited this round.
karlireynolds23

Con

karlireynolds23 forfeited this round.
Posted by Stopthepc 1 year ago
Stopthepc
What about at the gym? Shouldn't Planet Fitness just have 1 big locker room / shower so nobody is offended by the picture on the bathroom door? I personally would be a lot more comfortable showering with women than other men and I'm offended that society sensors which shower I have to use.
Or does this whole "none should be uncomfortable" thing not apply to straight people?
Posted by Stopthepc 1 year ago
Stopthepc
Posted by Stopthepc 1 year ago
Stopthepc
Once again I feel society really should consider going back to a "reality and common sense" approach.
I don't know if any of you have a teenage daughter, but if you did would you feel comfortable with the school she attends making her share bathrooms and showers with any boy that claims to be a girl trapped in a male body? I wouldn't.
What if it's a 40 year old man that says he's a 15 year old girl trapped in a 40 year old man's body? Should he be sharing the shower too? If not, are you discriminating against him because of his age or his gender affiliation?
Where does it end?
Posted by Vertigo 1 year ago
Vertigo
I believe that the gender that they identify as,is the gender they ARE, and therefore should be classified, and placed with that such as Locker rooms, any gender separated classes/schools, restrooms and such. Looking forward to this debate.
Good luck to both.
Posted by harmoniesophie 1 year ago
harmoniesophie
yes locker rooms, bathrooms, public showers...
Posted by Gman17 1 year ago
Gman17
Are you referring to locker rooms at schools also?
Posted by harmoniesophie 1 year ago
harmoniesophie
I am completely for people making their own choice to be whatever gender they want but many people still feel uncomfortable around transgender people... I don't think that it is right to make others feel uncomfortable when it wasn't necessarily there choice to begin with... We still have to think about the rest of society after things like this happen.
Posted by PointyDelta 1 year ago
PointyDelta
who the hell is going to argue this