Cold-Mind
Samuel60

Transhumanism

Cold-Mind
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

Cold-Mind

Pro

Pro's resolution: We(humans) should embrace transhumanism and not resist it.
Con's resolution: We should do our best trying to put an end to transhumanism.

Forfeit in Round 1, 2 or 3 means loss. BoP is on both (obviously). Con can make arguments in first round. Con must not make new premises in Round 4.
Samuel60

Con

Definition:

First, in order to understand this debate I will have to define a few concepts.

1. What is it like to be human:
Humans consist of DNAs of homosapians. Humans are part of the animal kingdom that have thrived much greatly than any other animal in this area. Humans are categorized by their behaviors, and yet it is still difficult to understand what are we and what we came from.

2.What is transhumanism:
Transhumanism is an idea that we should improve our daily lives and situations through the use of highly advanced technological machines. Transhumanists believe that we are capable of extending our lifetimes with these ideas. In fact, transhumanists believe that soon humans will reach the point where living an eternal life will be possible. By using genetic engineering, cloning, nanosciences, etc. etc. we will be able to reach a point of improving our lives greatly. But the question is: (perspective): Will this even work, and if it does, how will it influence us?

[1]: http://www.extremetech.com...

Argument #1:

-I will be standing on the position that tranhumanism is not necessary and incorrect by any means.

Tranhumanism is dangerous:
the editors of Foreign Policy have inquired, "What idea, if embraced, would pose the greatest threat to the welfare of humanity?” Francis Fukuyama is a professor of international political economy at John Hopkins School of Advanced International Study.

Fukuyama describes transhumanism as a "a strange liberation movement” whose “crusaders aim much higher than civil rights campaigners, feminists, or gay-rights advocates." He has described even further, "nothing less than to liberate the human race from its biological constraints.”

Fukuyama is very skeptical towards this idea; he says that transhumanism is not cohesive with political rights. According to Fukuyama, "Underlying this idea of the equality of rights is the belief that we all possess a human essence that dwarfs manifest differences in skin color, beauty, and even intelligence. This essence, and the view that individuals therefore have inherent value, is at the heart of political liberalism. But modifying that essence is the core of the transhumanist project.” (see reference for more information):

[1]: http://www.nickbostrom.com...

Transhumanism eliminates our ideals: Tranhumanism will transform people greatly, eliminating their moralities. Munkkitrick, the writer of the articles says that we will know that we are in the tranhumanist age when we, " “find yourself seriously considering having your birth-given hand lopped off and replaced with a cybernetic one.”

Tranhumanists will start using brain plants which will cancel out our abilities to sense moralities. When people will start living an eternal life we will enter this age (For more information see reference).

[1]: http://www.cbc-network.org...

Cold-Mind

Pro

Since my opponent has nothing done any formatting, and my majesty doesn't feel like having a formatted debate now, it shall write in the shape of speech.

Humanity has, for very long time up until now, walked towards civilization. We built ourselves towns, with main purpose of making us more safe from dangers of living in the wild. People were killed by poisonous animals and plants, different kinds of viruses and bacteria, cold winters...

We made towns because we wanted to be healthier and live longer. We invented agriculture in order to prevent hunger. Even if we wanted to go back to living in the wild, there would be not enough food for all of us. Furthermore, since all people would never accept going back to the wild, they would frequently enter our land to steal resources, and we would have no technology to defend ourselves. Returning back to wild is not an option.

Even though we live longer now, we still don't want to become old. We want to be strong and healthy forever. Transhumanism is the way to achieve that goal.

It is normal for humans to fear unknown, but it doesn't mean what will come is not good. In fact, it will liberate us from humanity's greatest enemy - War. If we are going to live forever, why risk being destroyed in the battle? We would not need resources, we could live without them. There would be no need to fight other humans, over having different opinion, because we could know what other people know, just by wishing so. The veil of ignorance would be finally removed.

Samuel60

Con

Samuel60 forfeited this round.
Cold-Mind

Pro

I won by debate rules.
Samuel60

Con

Congratulations, instrigator! This would have been a very interesting debate.
Cold-Mind

Pro

My majesty will be busy in next few days, but afterwards, it would be flattered to have some debate with sir Samuel.
Samuel60

Con

I will be waiting.
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
I am not here to win, I am here to have a good time.
Posted by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
You are very generous sir.
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
but, it is quite sad. This would have been a perfect debate.
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
so you are letting me go. I would've given you a second chance.
Posted by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
Yep. Kinda unfortunate. I guess I will do one more debate on this topic in future.
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
well, i guess i lose, don't i? :(
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
I lost internet connection for a day at my dorm.
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
Sorry, I was busy lately
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
WTF, I love transhumanism topics. Why didn't I get first dibs?
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
I am willingly accepting this deabte
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Cold-MindSamuel60Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Cold-MindSamuel60Tied
Reasons for voting decision: break rules
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Cold-MindSamuel60Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Ajabi 2 years ago
Ajabi
Cold-MindSamuel60Tied