TheSatiricalAnarchist
Romanii

Treaty of Versailles Was Unjustified

Romanii

TheSatiricalAnarchist

Pro

This debate is about whether or not the Treaty of Versailles, a document signed by the Triple Entente was justified. The treaty put military restrictions and formal embargoes on Germany after the First World War, which reduced their military size and also restricted them from entering certain lands.

To prevent confusion, the definition of the term will be provided below:

Justified - Given proper reasoning; having a legitimate or good reason.

The debate format is as follows:

[1] Acceptance
[2] Opening statements/Arguments
[3] Rebuttals
[4] Closing statements/Arguments.

The contender who accepts the position of Con must agree to the following contentions:

1) The utilization of first person pronouns is prohibited.
2) Failure to proper debate, or otherwise to troll, will warrant a closure of the debate and immediate loss of the contender.
3) All evidence cited from books, internet articles or etc. must be given proper citation following its use (this must include a direct link).

I wish my opponent luck.
Romanii

Con

"The utilization of first person pronouns is prohibited."

....okay, then

Romanii accepts this debate.
TheSatiricalAnarchist

Pro

TheSatiricalAnarchist forfeited this round.
Romanii

Con

The burden of proof rests on Pro to show that the Treaty of Versailles was unjustified. Without doing so, the Treaty must by default considered to be morally neutral, and the resolution is automatically negated.

Romanii will wait to see if his opponent returns.
TheSatiricalAnarchist

Pro

Romanii

Con

Romanii continues to wait...
TheSatiricalAnarchist

Pro

Romanii

Con

Romanii forfeited this round.
Posted by Romanii 1 year ago
Romanii
That's fine. I can do it in a few weeks.
Posted by TheSatiricalAnarchist 1 year ago
TheSatiricalAnarchist
I do not have the time to commit myself to this debate. However, I look forward to being able to debate with you again the future.
TheSatiricalAnarchist
Obviously it is an exception to use first person pronouns in this round, @Lexus
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
Lol, what's the point of not using first person pronouns? You automatically lose if you say "I accept".
Posted by TBSmothers 1 year ago
TBSmothers
Anyone who plans on debating this should check into the Franco-Prussian war, in which the Germanic states issued The Treaty of Frankfurt. For this reason you could argue that it was reasonable for France to seek revenge by playing a huge role in the outcome of the treaty of Versailles.
Posted by TBSmothers 1 year ago
TBSmothers
Posted by Thrillogy 1 year ago
Thrillogy
I'm am considering accepting this debate, but I'm not quite sure what you are debating. The validity of the formation of the treaty? The validity of the points the treaty contained? Or the validity in the way the formation of the treaty was carried out?
Posted by ThelemicKnight 1 year ago
ThelemicKnight
Lol. As a person whose ancestors were German Jews [from Thuringia] even I know that Treaty was unfair.

Actually my academic concentration is political science/rhetoric and we know now in the field not to repeat Treaties like that because it breeds resentment/extremism. If you make people that desperate and alienated then they become psychotic.

Oddly enough after WWII they initially wanted to turn the new Germany into a "turnip patch" deprived of all advanced industry and means.
Vote Placed by ResponsiblyIrresponsible 1 year ago
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
TheSatiricalAnarchistRomaniiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both debaters forfeited, but PRO forfeited more - and, as CON pointed out, PRO has the BOP - so conduct and arguments to CON.